+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    See you in Uncle Bob's.
    Two seasons ago four of us went to Nairn on the first day of the season for a game v Brora. Brilliant day out and Uncles Bobs was visited before and after the game. One of my favourite Heelan League days oot. There was a bar we went into at 13.00 and it was full of folk clearly still oot from the night before, steaming and belting oot terrible Karaoke. Terrible pint aswell. Some place that. Canna mind the name of it though. Down a side street off of the high street

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Two seasons ago four of us went to Nairn on the first day of the season for a game v Brora. Brilliant day out and Uncles Bobs was visited before and after the game. One of my favourite Heelan League days oot. There was a bar we went into at 13.00 and it was full of folk clearly still oot from the night before, steaming and belting oot terrible Karaoke. Terrible pint aswell. Some place that. Canna mind the name of it though. Down a side street off of the high street
    The Star (or the Stables)!

Their domino team were mental.

The Star (or the Stables)!

Their domino team were mental.
    That's it. The Star. One of those bars where the locals stare a hole through you

Friendly 20/07/2019 Aberdeen XI Keith Kynoch Park 1500 Cammy Keith Testimonial
    Probably just that one. Good player, nice family, top fella.

If we'd signed him when we binned Cammy Smith, we'd only have had to change two letters of the name in any official correspondence.

That's the sort of efficiency gain that would be a money-spinner in these times of governmental austerity.

A few more of these and we could buy the flats on the aul gashoose site, demolish them, move the fence back and develop Pittodrie instead of moving to Dunecht or Craigenlow or wherever it is.

Stewart - call me. Mates' rates for consultancy.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

If we'd signed him when we binned Cammy Smith, we'd only have had to change two letters of the name in any official correspondence.

That's the sort of efficiency gain that would be a money-spinner in these times of governmental austerity.

A few more of these and we could buy the flats on the aul gashoose site, demolish them, move the fence back and develop Pittodrie instead of moving to Dunecht or Craigenlow or wherever it is.

Should have signed Leighton James when Jim Leighton was around.

That's it. The Star. One of those bars where the locals stare a hole through you
    Want to play doms against them. And win.

Nice enough folk really tho but I've never seen anybody so drunk trying to play doms.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

He was on that On the Terrace (?) show on BBC Scotland channel. Came over really well despite the patronising dicks that were talking to him.

What you wrote about the gasworks is depressing though. There's no doubt that buying the gasworks would have solved the Pittodrie problem. If we'd done that in the early 80s we could have knocked the south stand down (but we've just built a new roof) and moved the ground over 50 yards giving more than enough space to redevelop the mainser. Lack of long-term strategy.

He was on that On the Terrace (?) show on BBC Scotland channel. Came over really well despite the patronising dicks that were talking to him.

What you wrote about the gasworks is depressing though. There's no doubt that buying the gasworks would have solved the Pittodrie problem. If we'd done that in the early 80s we could have knocked the south stand down (but we've just built a new roof) and moved the ground over 50 yards giving more than enough space to redevelop the mainser. Lack of long-term strategy.
    I saw that episode. He seems like a good guy. Good career.
    That programme is fkng dire. Who at the bbc watches that sh:t back and thinks its a good idea to keep it going? Cringey nonsense. Almost on a par with when someone at Scotsport took too much LSD and decided to have that Orkney c:nt and that irish beaut present it in a funky new magazine format whilst knowing nowt about football. Embarrassing.

Ive dealt with Cammy a couple of time while trying to find a job. Hes a sound dude. Always get a good fitba yap. He was at Formartinks at the time and I made sure I let him know I thought they were c@nts

Ive dealt with Cammy a couple of time while trying to find a job. Hes a sound dude. Always get a good fitba yap. He was at Formartinks at the time and I made sure I let him know I thought they were c@nts
    Indeed he is, when my old company was being bought over, a few chaps dealt with him regarding continuing their career elsewhere rather than get shafted.....he knows where the net is also.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast