+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    I saw that episode. He seems like a good guy. Good career.
    That programme is fkng dire. Who at the bbc watches that sh:t back and thinks its a good idea to keep it going? Cringey nonsense. Almost on a par with when someone at Scotsport took too much LSD and decided to have that Orkney c:nt and that irish beaut present it in a funky new magazine format whilst knowing nowt about football. Embarrassing.
    Awful programme. Presenters are smug gits.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    It goes with the territory as they attempt to build a media career by being edgy and alternative about fitba.

Our pre and post-match discussions in the boozer used to be far more entertaining, and salty.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    I think that's a bit harsh - its clearly "yoof TV" in regard to the presentation so not aimed so much at the old timers (I include myself in that bracket).

You think the presentation on this show is bad - you should try watching the utter shyte & drivel Moog jnr watches on YouTube. Horrifying levels of smug f'uckwittery on display there at every turn.

They spend plenty of time talking about the lower leagues and the non cheek premier sides which is very refreshing to be honest.

its not just another ulgy sister love in with a passing tick box reference to the diddy clubs. It is about the diddy clubs.

They clearly know what they are talking about too when it comes to the other 40 odd clubs in Scotland which is very rare in our media who usually cant (or wont) really talk in any great detail about the likes of AFC - let alone Arbroath or Peterhead.

The show makes a nice change from the usual Sportscene / Sportsound / Clyde One (Gads) arse cheek love in pish in my view.
    Last edited by The_Moog; 22-05-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I think that's a bit harsh - its clearly "yoof TV" in regard to the presentation so not aimed so much at the old timers (I include myself in that bracket).

You think the presentation on this show is bad - you should try watching the utter shyte & drivel Moog jnr watches on YouTube. Horrifying levels of smug f'uckwittery on display there at every turn.

They spend plenty of time talking about the lower leagues and the non cheek premier sides which is very refreshing to be honest.

its not just another ulgy sister love in with a passing tick box reference to the diddy clubs. It is about the diddy clubs.

They clearly know what they are talking about too when it comes to the other 40 odd clubs in Scotland which is very rare in our media who usually cant (or wont) really talk in any great detail about the likes of AFC - let alone Arbroath or Peterhead.

The show makes a nice change from the usual Sportscene / Sportsound / Clyde One (Gads) arse cheek love in pish in my view.
    Well argued but - still dont like it.

They fall neatly between two stools - gravitas and humour.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I'm taking myself over to Cork since I missed out at the last minute last year. What's the deal with flight prices direct to Cork? Why are they always so expensive? Going Edinburgh to Dublin on Friday afternoon and Dublin to Glasgow on Sunday evening.
    Yep, it's a right pain. I live in Cork kmkand frequently fly from/to Dublin due to price difference.

Best and cheapest way to get to Cork from Dublin Airport is AirCoach.ie. €30 return. If trains are your thing it's a bus into the city to Heston Station in Dublin, which is where the Cork trains depart. Definitely book online for trains else prices can be horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Our pre and post-match discussions in the boozer used to be far more entertaining, and salty.
    In your opinion, although the critics might say it was dire; however, your "entertaining" discussions were only to entertain the participants and not onlookers. Unless, people shifted their stools over to your table to listen it, which would've rapidly changed the dynamics of the discussion as eyes bore into you waiting to be entertained by your witticisms...

It's always very easy to criticise and to think you could do a better job.

I've never watched it....

“Table”?

Just the sort of latter-day middle-class w@nkery that has ruined fitba, pubs and society in general.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    “Table”?

Just the sort of latter-day middle-class w@nkery that has ruined fitba, pubs and society in general.
    Indeed, I was born in the latter end of Generation X from a year that brought you David Beckham. Therefore, I found those standing at the bar irritating, although at certain bars it's a must, like The Bridge.

I'll summarise with the words of Echo & the Bunnymen...

We sat all night around a table
    Trying to string three words together
    Time has come and
    By the way, mine's a double

... they were sitting at tables long before Guffball ever began

Pfffft. Average foppish post-punk Scouse wannabes secure in their new-found bourgeois Knotty Ash familiar, swapping handicap-related badinage with Ken Dodd at the golf club.

In 1975, Ace used this picture of donsdaft, brochred, Hajduk (seated after a hard day of sponsoring the Dons shirts), Seagull Islander and me in the Cragshannoch discussing Barrie Mitchell’s merits (“none, set them up again, Elsie, and een for yersel”) after the 5-2 trouncing of Manchester United in 1973.

Not a table in sight, and if there had been, the Dons would be lying about eighth in it, in keeping with the plodding drudgery of the Bonthrone years.

https://www.audiophileusa.com/item.cfm?record=96433

Oooft The Craigshannoch

Sure (like many of the clientele) it had a single eye in it?

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast