+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season Fixtures

We're up against this lot next month.

Name:  bs.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  22.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    We're up against this lot next month.

Name:  bs.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  22.7 KB
    Coincidence

Im going there on Saturday with Jnr. Playing Stranraer

Bamburgh Castle in the morning and the game in the afternoon

*it the development squad playing them
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 27-06-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Thats me on the road to Cork. Got to Rhyll in N. Wales tonight. Fine place in the sunshine. PSsed Connahs Quay en route. Lexmotois going well. Low sun hampering superswift riding!!! Hotel was £26 a night. Mental. Some Turkish boys own it. They moved up from London and cannot believe how aggressive the Taffs get after a few halfs. Im in a pub wi a pint o Warsteiner. Sitting in corner so I can see the doors and growling like a rufty tufty biker. Scampi on its way. Might be tricky keepung up the "I'm dangerous dinna mess wi mi" eating prawns? Ah well. On to Holyhead and boat to Dublin imorn. COYR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Thats me on the road to Cork. Got to Rhyll in N. Wales tonight. Fine place in the sunshine. PSsed Connahs Quay en route. Lexmotois going well. Low sun hampering superswift riding!!! Hotel was £26 a night. Mental. Some Turkish boys own it. They moved up from London and cannot believe how aggressive the Taffs get after a few halfs. Im in a pub wi a pint o Warsteiner. Sitting in corner so I can see the doors and growling like a rufty tufty biker. Scampi on its way. Might be tricky keepung up the "I'm dangerous dinna mess wi mi" eating prawns? Ah well. On to Holyhead and boat to Dublin imorn. COYR!!!
    Sounds like quite a trek to get to Cork - I salute you and your budget motorcycle.

I'll be travelling by a more conventional route - a flight into Cork on Saturday morning.

Part timer K-Kong. Ye ken the rules. Always be there the nicht afore. neilthedonmin, I've just made it up the stairs from Traders. Bed now and extra early rise now to iron and pack. I'll nivir learn. See you there.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Scampi on its way. Might be tricky keepung up the "I'm dangerous dinna mess wi mi" eating prawns? Ah well.
    Pedant- Scampi is made from Langoustines. A langoustine is a type of lobster and not a prawn. I hope you didnt get done in by taffs who were upset by your culinary incompetence

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Pedant- Scampi is made from Langoustines. A langoustine is a type of lobster and not a prawn. I hope you didnt get done in by taffs who were upset by your culinary incompetence
    WERE made from langoustines. Ive heard that too. Back in the day when you couldnt give them away. Poir folks food like oysters.
    Also called "Dublin bay prawns" in Ireland btw. So guess my fescription was appropriate.

Interestingly Cheapskate scampi makers previously made fame scamli bites with Monkfish. Another previously cheap fish, now trendy and expensive as feck!!

What irritates me in this whole debacle is how the Yanks call bloody huge prawns a "shrimp". Aargh. Thats nae right!!!

Onywys, on the Lexmoto and off to Holyhead. ETA Duvlin port 12.40. Sbould beat GASC onto foreign land. ( ive nae been ironing either!!)

90% of Langoustines caught in scotland are made into scampi still to this day. Langoustines are classed as unfashionable. (unlike the aforementioned monkfish)

Anyway enjoy the game min

Im heading to the First and Last Pub in Scotland after the School run. Stay the night then on to Blyth Spartans v Stranraer. Nae quite the Dons but Jnr will love it. Im going to have scampi for tea and quiz them over what theirs is made from

Hmm. Irish call Langoustine the "Dublin bay prawn"

And the Yanks call real prawn "Shrimp"

So whule U accept yoy are historicalky correct Pacmib, I think I can get away with it

Onywys, the Taff rough biuz were toi inpressed by the michty Lexmito parked outside to nirice I wasnt eatibg a snashed glass sandwich

Onwards to Holyhead today. Land in Eire at 12.40. So should make Cork before GASC and Lossie. Unhindered as I am by the need to iron my moncler......

Hmmm. The Irish call Langoustine "Du lin bay prawnz". So u'll get away with it.

While you're at it Pacmin, go sort the Yanks oot. They call propr prawns "Shrimp" Doh.

Onywize. Onwards. Holyhead. Dublin for 12.40. An hour going round in circles in the big cjtg. I should still gst to Cork b4 GASC and Lossieloon.
    Nae ironing for me!!!

COYR

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast