+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He is incredibly one footed going by tonight.

Some players really looked off the pace tonight

Logan took his goal well. He was one of our better players

Gallagher is f@cking rapid. Its not even built up its off the mark. Whippet

Greig may well be a player.

Lewis capitano again

Decent crowd, glad i had a a friends mums drive to park in on Balmoor Terrace or i would have been miles away

Spot on appraisal - especially Hedges. Thought he looked really good and then suddenly with the ball on his right foot he had to turn inside.

Gallagher really is a whippet.

One thing we should all note - especially our leaders - is that they were still selling HOT pies as we were leaving the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    Spot on appraisal - especially Hedges. Thought he looked really good and then suddenly with the ball on his right foot he had to turn inside.

Gallagher really is a whippet.

One thing we should all note - especially our leaders - is that they were still selling HOT pies as we were leaving the ground.
    I was expecting that from Hedges, though I'm sure he's more used to playing on the left. In the only highlights available of him playing for Wales he made plenty, quick incisive passes and was at the heart of most of their productive attacking moves. So he looks good against the likes of Trinidad and Peterhead at least...will be interesting to see him tested against stronger opposition.

Same with Gallagher, he looked lightning in his you tube 'showreel' and very direct, decent goal threat but against inferior players to what he will face. I'm still holding onto my rather optimistic view that they will be good additions. Plenty of time for them to turn out to be ****e though...

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    1st of the season for cosgrove,blow up sheep wont be impressed
    Not at all, pal
    Hear he missed a sitter as well though

Quote Originally Posted by aldo1983 View Post
    and it's a friend's mum so the rules are quite strict here.
    milf

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Not at all, pal
    Hear he missed a sitter as well though
    A REAL sitter. Keeper parried the ball out to him and he sclaffed it from three or four yards (may have been further as I was watching from the other end). He also managed one of the worst attempts at passing the ball I have ever seen by a pro footballer.

He did do some good work though.

Hedges missed a f@cking sitter. Because of his aversion to his right peg. In the second half. Coming across his body from the left wing but he hit it left footed instead of the more natural right foot going by the cross.

Fit aboot Stevie Mays baloon over the bar. Jnr said "daddy that almost hit the team bus" (parked behind the goal) and i replied "it almost hit Grandmas house in Ellon mate" which generated a decent laugh. Shocking attempt. He needa to go
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 04-07-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Fit aboot Stevie Mays baloon over the bar. Jnr said "daddy that almost hit the team bus" (parked behind the goal) and i replied "it almost hit Grandmas house in Ellon mate" which generated a decent laugh. Shocking attempt. He needa to go
    Haha good to see Stevie's continuing the form that's helped him hold down a place in the starting 11 for most of the last two seasons. He'll be straight in for the Hearts game in that defensive forward position McInnes loves to play him in.

I watched the very brief highlights up on RedTV - looked like Scott Wright had a few good runs and efforts at goal. Anyone who was there able to comment on how he looked? I still feel he could do a job in the 10 position, but he's in last chance saloon now - no point putting him out on loan this season, just keep him, use him as required and see whether he's worth keeping or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Haha good to see Stevie's continuing the form that's helped him hold down a place in the starting 11 for most of the last two seasons. He'll be straight in for the Hearts game in that defensive forward position McInnes loves to play him in.

I watched the very brief highlights up on RedTV - looked like Scott Wright had a few good runs and efforts at goal. Anyone who was there able to comment on how he looked? I still feel he could do a job in the 10 position, but he's in last chance saloon now - no point putting him out on loan this season, just keep him, use him as required and see whether he's worth keeping or not.
    I thought he had a good game - when he moved inside to the No 10. Really difficult to assess players when you are playing much lower opposition though.

and i replied "it almost hit Grandmas house in Ellon mate" which generated a decent laugh.
    I'm chuffed it generated a decent laugh. I wonder if it generated more or less a decent laugh than the guy in the souther who shouted 'COMMMME ONNNN YOUUUU PIGEONS' a few seasons back when a biblical amount of seagulls were keeping a small group of doos confined to the merkland/Y section corner of the pitch.

Oh how we laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

I thought he played well, again when he went to #10, was a bit more direct. I was saying he wasnt really going anything out wide right but I think that was more due to us going down the middle or the left at every opportunity as when he switched with hedges, hedges didn't have much impact either for the rest of the 1st half unless he floated inside a bit.

Don't see him getting loaned especially as we are light in the middle.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast