+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    I wouldn't say so,im not the one thats doom and gloom all the time unlike you but regardless(ffs)
    It’s our chairman and manager that are doom and gloom. I only ask for something more entertaining. I would say the ones that accept mediocrity are the boring lot as Milne especially has worn them down.
    It’s more interesting for the forum if we have a different opinion so i hope you, Stewart and Derek don’t get your knickers in a twist worrying about what I say

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post

Stand Free loons and nae need to be quite so c**ty at times...
    I think unfortunately both sides enjoy it so it will continue on regardless. The best thing to do is ignore and don't bother reading any of the pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    OTT, nah min, not phased at all, sadly, insecurity shines thru from those that seek to abuse others on an Internet fitba banter forum because opinions differ, I personally don’t give a f uck, regardless(not again!) what other dandies post on here about myself, we all support the once michty although a few on here it is hard to tell at times.

SF
    I like the banter/debating etc with yourself and I have never once thought it was over the top. We have given each other a bit of stick at times but that is because we generally differ on opinion about McInnes. Long may it continue into the new season but there is always space for you on the half empty minibus but hurry up as it is getting busy.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I like the banter/debating etc with yourself and I have never once thought it was over the top. We have given each other a bit of stick at times but that is because we generally differ on opinion about McInnes. Long may it continue into the new season but there is always space for you on the half empty minibus but hurry up as it is getting busy.
    No thank you, however thanks for the invite, my tandem is full with me and “my made up chum” for the games we can attend........now, this “blocking” malarkey.......is that on this banter forum because ignoring is difficult for some?

I hope your half empty becomes a full minibus belting out The Northern Lights after decent performances this season.

SF

Well that all seemed quite cathartic. Observing this forum it seems that folk like to pick on someone to weigh in on, fairly relentlessly. To me it's irrelevant whether it phase's you or not JJ, glad it doesn't but it irks me. Folk have said you are a 'top boy' telling people how to support your club? The way I see it, it's the ultra negative posters that are doing that in the main. I don't think there's anyone on here who thinks McInnes is God...but that's the accusation that's levelled at anyone who doesn't criticise literally every single thing McInnes or the club do. Football is f*****d...that's main problem...and 'having ambition' has to be tempered with pragmatism...making the best of a difficult situation and also a f**k load of luck. Some folk won't accept that.

The one thing I would absolutely agree with is that AFC need to realise that good relations with their fans is important so less sucking up to the old firm would be appreciated. It costs nothing. However that wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to whether we are successful on the pitch which is the ,most important thing.

You make some great reasoned posts RedBull666

Well, back to work this morning after my flight home from Dublin last night. Had a great time in Cork. Lovely place, seemed very laid back. It was expensive though. Simply can't read too much into the performance on Saturday. Hard to judge when substitutions, changes of formations etc. but I did think Greg Leigh looked ok at left back. Gallacher looked ok too. Not many reds there this year but good crack with the ones I spoke to. Would have been nice if someone from the club had bought us a beer in the hotel afterwards but hey ho can't have everything. Onwards and forwards. COYR

Well that all seemed quite cathartic. Observing this forum it seems that folk like to pick on someone to weigh in on, fairly relentlessly. To me it's irrelevant whether it phase's you or not JJ, glad it doesn't but it irks me. Folk have said you are a 'top boy' telling people how to support your club? The way I see it, it's the ultra negative posters that are doing that in the main. I don't think there's anyone on here who thinks McInnes is God...but that's the accusation that's levelled at anyone who doesn't criticise literally every single thing McInnes or the club do. Football is f*****d...that's main problem...and 'having ambition' has to be tempered with pragmatism...making the best of a difficult situation and also a f**k load of luck. Some folk won't accept that.

The one thing I would absolutely agree with is that AFC need to realise that good relations with their fans is important so less sucking up to the old firm would be appreciated. It costs nothing. However that wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to whether we are successful on the pitch which is the ,most important thing.

Well said RB666. Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    . Would have been nice if someone from the club had bought us a beer in the hotel afterwards but hey ho can't have everything. Onwards and forwards. COYR
    How drunk were you after the match?? Stevie Gunn certainly did buy us a beer at the hotel bar, and from his own hipper, not the clubs coffers(though we did try to get him t slip the club card over the bar!). But you’re right, certainly not the same level of interaction from AFC as last year.

Well that all seemed quite cathartic....nae need to be quite so c**ty at times...
    There's a lot to agree with in the full content of your original message RB666.

Mostly I ignore it, but it does get wearing, and it clogs up potentially-interesting discussion topics with the same well-rehearsed and interminably-rehashed circular arguments even where the relevance is tenuous-plus.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Well, back to work this morning after my flight home from Dublin last night. Had a great time in Cork. Lovely place, seemed very laid back. It was expensive though. Simply can't read too much into the performance on Saturday. Hard to judge when substitutions, changes of formations etc. but I did think Greg Leigh looked ok at left back. Gallacher looked ok too. Not many reds there this year but good crack with the ones I spoke to. Would have been nice if someone from the club had bought us a beer in the hotel afterwards but hey ho can't have everything. Onwards and forwards. COYR
    Good to hear you were there. What was the problem with us as in an attacking threat...poor play, lack of imagination or lethargic looking?

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast