+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St Mirren away, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    They should have restricted the number one person could buy. The guy behind me was getting 44!
    Are you being serious - one season ticket bought 44 tickets ?

Could he have been buying them on behalf of an official affiliated group who run buses to all the matches ?

One person buying 44 tickets does not seem right - surely you misunderstood things ?

On another matter, a few fans are signing up to St Mirren's web site and then buying tickets ( for the Saints end of course ).

St Mirren have 100 tickets left for their allocation for Thursday and are requesting more tickets .............

He had 44 vouchers, I'm not saying he didn't. I just don't think it's right that, even with the vouchers, one person should be able to buy that many. Different a mate getting a few (I got 4 today) but 44?
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 21-05-2019 at 02:50 PM.

It's a very good statement. Credit to him for actually being in the shop when all this was going on too BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    He had 44 vouchers, I'm not saying he didn't. I just don't think it's right that, even with the vouchers, one person should be able to buy that many. Different a mate getting a few (I got 4 today) but 44?
    I agree with you, looks like things will be getting changed for the future.

United seem to acknowledge their allocation system was in need of a review.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 21-05-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Fair play to Mal for accepting they have made a complete arse of this.
    Don’t think I’ll be going to Inverness/ Dingwall in the snow next season to be treated like a dick .
    Hope the 800 or so going to Paisley that usually golf & shop when we are away have a good day.😡

It's just unfortunate it's taken a monumental **** up for the club to realise this. They cannae be very bright as it was obvious this was gonna happen from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus dad View Post
    Don’t think I’ll be going to Inverness/ Dingwall in the snow next season to be treated like a dick .
    Hope the 800 or so going to Paisley that usually golf & shop when we are away have a good day.😡
    I dinna think it will be like that. Was always going to be struggle. There will be many like me and my mates season ticket holder go to about half the away games . Phoned like phuck this morning and not even a sniff of a ticket. 4000 season ticket holders and 1400 tickets available if that .Do the Maths.
    Maybe I'm just naive though 🙄

As soon as we were confirmed in the playoffs the simple thing to do is say keep proof of purchase from Inverness away along with season ticket voucher .
    Of course even better would be a points system for all away games attended as the sheep do . Hopefully this will happen with us in the premiership .

Quote Originally Posted by Angus dad View Post
    I totally agree with you mate. Bet it's not the diehards that get the tickets. I'm afraid this has been an epic balls up but I don't blame the guy going in with 44 vouchers, at the end of the day he's following the rules. It's the rules that were wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)