+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Mirren away, WTF?

St Mirren away, WTF?

The club says they were planning away tickets to go on sale Tuesday. At this time, still no confirmation as to what's happening. ☹️

I'm not saying this is their fault (probably not) but surely they could let fans know if a sale tomorrow is going ahead or not?

Wondering this myself. Have been phoning for the last hour but no one is picking up. I'm now on my way to the shop. Hopefully get there before it shuts. If I do, I let u know.

Word on EF is only 800 going on sale tomorrow and that they 'may' open at 8am instead of 9am. As u say tho, no official confirmation anywhere.

On sale tomorrow at 9am providing they receive the tickets before the end of today. They are apparently being couriered through as we speak .

On website now tickets received and in sale tomorrow.anyone not able to attend and have spare voucher

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGomis87 View Post
    On website now tickets received and in sale tomorrow.anyone not able to attend and have spare voucher
    If you bought a ticket in advance for the inverness away leg, they have you on computer..... you give your name etc.

Should be a priority priority for all those that go to these games.... I am not a member with any fed, friendly with several , but travel almost every week

I go to most games home and away, kids coaching sometimes puts paid to some. Have even taken my whole team to united games this year and before.

But I am worried about not getting a ticket tomorrow. I work at 9am... so I am fecked probably.

Fair.. no, but if ANYONE sees any touting on face book or gum tree I hope you arrange them to get F*****ed
    Last edited by eastfifearabman; 20-05-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Queue is round the corner already!!

Was st Tannadice today at 5.10 am only to get told just before the doors sold out!!!
    4 of us all season tic holders were in Inverness 3rd time this season( afternoon off work kids off school) .
    There has to be a better way to treat supporters that go to majority of away games.
    It will be a joy tonight telling the kids there no going🙈

Guys were there at 11.30pm last night and didn't get tickets. Mal Brannigan came out at 9.30am and told us we'd be unlikely to get tickets as people were buying 20-30 at a time. Be lucky if 40 people managed to get through the shop door before it sold out. One guy walked out with 306 tickets. An absolute shambles.

They should have restricted the number one person could buy. The guy behind me was getting 44!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    They should have restricted the number one person could buy. The guy behind me was getting 44!
    Agree, it should've been 2 tickets to 1 person queuing per voucher.

It's fkn shocking that folk are queuing for 8hrs+ in the pi5hing rain and coming away empty handed and I don't believe for 1 minute that someone got 306 tickets, it's bad enough someone got 44.

Needs to be looked at from the club.

Are you being serious - one season ticket bought 44 tickets ?

Could he have been buying them on behalf of an official affiliated group who run buses to all the matches ?

One person buying 44 tickets does not seem right - surely you misunderstood things ?

On another matter, a few fans are signing up to St Mirren's web site and then buying tickets ( for the Saints end of course ).

St Mirren have 100 tickets left for their allocation for Thursday and are requesting more tickets .............

He had 44 vouchers, I'm not saying he didn't. I just don't think it's right that, even with the vouchers, one person should be able to buy that many. Different a mate getting a few (I got 4 today) but 44?
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 21-05-2019 at 02:50 PM.

It's a very good statement. Credit to him for actually being in the shop when all this was going on too BTW.

He had 44 vouchers, I'm not saying he didn't. I just don't think it's right that, even with the vouchers, one person should be able to buy that many. Different a mate getting a few (I got 4 today) but 44?
    I agree with you, looks like things will be getting changed for the future.

United seem to acknowledge their allocation system was in need of a review.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 21-05-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Fair play to Mal for accepting they have made a complete arse of this.
    Donít think Iíll be going to Inverness/ Dingwall in the snow next season to be treated like a dick .
    Hope the 800 or so going to Paisley that usually golf & shop when we are away have a good day.😡

It's just unfortunate it's taken a monumental **** up for the club to realise this. They cannae be very bright as it was obvious this was gonna happen from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus dad View Post
    Donít think Iíll be going to Inverness/ Dingwall in the snow next season to be treated like a dick .
    Hope the 800 or so going to Paisley that usually golf & shop when we are away have a good day.😡
    I dinna think it will be like that. Was always going to be struggle. There will be many like me and my mates season ticket holder go to about half the away games . Phoned like phuck this morning and not even a sniff of a ticket. 4000 season ticket holders and 1400 tickets available if that .Do the Maths.
    Maybe I'm just naive though 🙄

As soon as we were confirmed in the playoffs the simple thing to do is say keep proof of purchase from Inverness away along with season ticket voucher .
    Of course even better would be a points system for all away games attended as the sheep do . Hopefully this will happen with us in the premiership .

Quote Originally Posted by Angus dad View Post
    I totally agree with you mate. Bet it's not the diehards that get the tickets. I'm afraid this has been an epic balls up but I don't blame the guy going in with 44 vouchers, at the end of the day he's following the rules. It's the rules that were wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast