+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stead to Halifax?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Didnt like his interview but.....he gave it all and scored some great goals.Good luck John.
    He will definitely get applause rather than abuse from me if he returns to Meadow Lane with Halifax.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    He will definitely get applause rather than abuse from me if he returns to Meadow Lane with Halifax.
    Oh me too, I'm just more suspicious than I was.

Good luck to the lad if he does go there, always gave 100% and scored some important goals along the way.... I wonder if the offer from the states is still there too....

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    Have to say my opinion of Stead changed a bit this year, if he was in the middle of the dressing room split, it really bloody hurt us!That interview he gave where he pledged his support to Nolan rand alarms too.
    I feel a bit tight as Stead always gave his all however limited but I think he might have caused us problems off the pitch this year, so not too sad to see him leave.
    I'm with you on this, Ben, and like Soccerman I was unimpressed by his comments in a recent interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    It was a contract extension clause that gave him this last year to be fair and he'd provided goals for us regularly up until this season
    Yeah, a clause he should never have had. But he was good mates with the manager, and good mates look after each other.

In terms of players we've had in the last 5 years, he's up there with the best of them. But that's really not saying much.

Like many Notts fans I wish him all the best. I'm not sure any players this season 'always gave 100%' but he gave more % than most.

Stead is a strange one. He arrived with real pedigree, having played in the top division and commanded a 7-figure transfer fee a while back. But despite this, his best quality was his dogged work rate. He scored double figures most seasons (or all seasons?) but that stat always seems a bit misleading, as those goals often came in short purple patches or via penalties. Really, he was one of those 'strikers' that could go without scoring from open play for months.

To this day, I can't really work out what his strong points are. He's tall, but he can't win headers. He's not quick, nor is he technically gifted. I get the feeling that if he'd been signed from non-league rather than having previously played higher up, we'd think of him quite differently.

That said, he's always given it 100% on the pitch, and he popped up with some important goals along the way. His time at Notts must have been hugely frustrating for him, too, as we lurched from one crisis to the next. But it was a shame for him to end his time by undermining our current manager in front of the media.

All the best, Steady.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1465
Size:  15.9 KB

Seems obvious to me, he will be joining his old boss Mr Fullarton (surprised no-one mentioned this). Fullarton will probably sign a few more ex-Notts players.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Seems obvious to me, he will be joining his old boss Mr Fullarton (surprised no-one mentioned this). Fullarton will probably sign a few more ex-Notts players.
    then he'll come back and haunt us with a stuffing like they all do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast