+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milkshake Lightweight?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It’s funny I think that when the argument is raised that suddenly Trump and Farage and countless others are racist bigots , but actually if you talk to the people who voted and WON might I add , immigration was a problem for them , ( not in the fact they didn’t want any - that would be ridiculous as we couldn’t survive and progress without it ) .
    But purely in the fact they wanted control of it.

I’ve posted this previously and I still stick by it , my grand parents and great grandparents fought for us to be free and independent, and a massive chunk of the population thinks it’s ok to just give it away to some helmet in Brussels who can decide if rapist , terrorist and worse reside in our country, and then open the gates and let equally as bad walk into our country to reside.

Get a grip gents, immigration without control is a massive problem, you only have to look at the countries it’s happened to ( Germany is an example - rape- stabbings problem after problem it goes on and on.

Before you point the finger and say I’m racist I couldn’t be further away from that I can assure you.

What I can - could see was the benefit of us governing ourselves and not giving everything away to the rest of Europe to keep Brussels happy, as it goes though it turns out most of our parliament is corrupt and doesn’t put the people first ( as they are paid to do ).

Let’s get out and get back to being great,let them look at us and think now that’s a country to visit - live I’d like to contribute and be a part of that instead of how it is at the moment.

I’m still interested to know the real benefits of remaining ( without a personal ulterior motive ) ,
    I accept the business side of things where we are threatened with levy’s and taxes to scare our companies and traders but after that it’s laws that don’t work for us and rules and regulations we don’t want.
    I’m a bit of a stick in the mud, we managed for years to trade,travel and live under our own rule quite happily , Why can’t we just do that now ?
    There are no benefits whatsoever in staying in the EU army IMHO. Why the phook the eejits are holding MEP elections on Thursday I will never, ever understand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Still as pedantic as ever I see? Surely you know by now I'm just plain bonkers, for which I blame on the lack of a grammar school education.
    Shocking personal attack BT, I simply saw a post addressed to me, which seemed to have nothing to do with me, and in all innocence asked why. Closing Grammar schools has lead to far greater problems than just you BT, the denying a decent education to millions of ordinary working class kids is a scandal, for which this country continues to pay the cost, we can't even run our NHS without the help of people from countries with a better education system than ours for instance.

It’s funny I think that when the argument is raised that suddenly Trump and Farage and countless others are racist bigots , but actually if you talk to the people who voted and WON might I add , immigration was a problem for them , ( not in the fact they didn’t want any - that would be ridiculous as we couldn’t survive and progress without it ) .
    But purely in the fact they wanted control of it.

I’ve posted this previously and I still stick by it , my grand parents and great grandparents fought for us to be free and independent, and a massive chunk of the population thinks it’s ok to just give it away to some helmet in Brussels who can decide if rapist , terrorist and worse reside in our country, and then open the gates and let equally as bad walk into our country to reside.

Get a grip gents, immigration without control is a massive problem, you only have to look at the countries it’s happened to ( Germany is an example - rape- stabbings problem after problem it goes on and on.

Before you point the finger and say I’m racist I couldn’t be further away from that I can assure you.

What I can - could see was the benefit of us governing ourselves and not giving everything away to the rest of Europe to keep Brussels happy, as it goes though it turns out most of our parliament is corrupt and doesn’t put the people first ( as they are paid to do ).

Let’s get out and get back to being great,let them look at us and think now that’s a country to visit - live I’d like to contribute and be a part of that instead of how it is at the moment.

I’m still interested to know the real benefits of remaining ( without a personal ulterior motive ) ,
    I accept the business side of things where we are threatened with levy’s and taxes to scare our companies and traders but after that it’s laws that don’t work for us and rules and regulations we don’t want.
    I’m a bit of a stick in the mud, we managed for years to trade,travel and live under our own rule quite happily , Why can’t we just do that now ?
    A sensible, reasonable, measured, articulate post army, but people like you and me who think like that are considered 'extremists' by Remainers. Watch out for the milkshakes.

Another "Milkshake Martyr" in the offing, if ever I saw one! What's your flavour army?

Another "Milkshake Martyr" in the offing, if ever I saw one! What's your flavour army?
    Am I drinking or wearing it Bt 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Shocking personal attack BT, I simply saw a post addressed to me, which seemed to have nothing to do with me, and in all innocence asked why. Closing Grammar schools has lead to far greater problems than just you BT, the denying a decent education to millions of ordinary working class kids is a scandal, for which this country continues to pay the cost, we can't even run our NHS without the help of people from countries with a better education system than ours for instance.
    I'll get a moderator to look at this sinkov, we simply cannot condone perceived personal attacks on here.

Am I drinking or wearing it Bt ��
    Depends on what you say next army!

I am not racist neither. I am frustrated by the fact that people can from other countries seem able to come and live here with no qualifications, no job offer, able to claim befits without ever paid a penny in tax.....
    I have worked in China for 11 years, fully legal "Z" visa and Residence Permit but I am still required to register within-in each Province I chose / hoped to live.
    If the Authorities deemed that my documents were not EXACTLY as they stipulated (even a spelling mistake was enough for my application to be revoked).
    In short, if I had nothing to contribute to China, other than teaching English full time with, again, ALL the documents in order, I was still deported with only a few days notice.
    Whilst I am on rant when I returned to England last year, I had to send my passport away to be verified, to prove I am English.
    I'm not bitter just confused !

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    I am not racist neither. I am frustrated by the fact that people can from other countries seem able to come and live here with no qualifications, no job offer, able to claim befits without ever paid a penny in tax.....
    I have worked in China for 11 years, fully legal "Z" visa and Residence Permit but I am still required to register within-in each Province I chose / hoped to live.
    If the Authorities deemed that my documents were not EXACTLY as they stipulated (even a spelling mistake was enough for my application to be revoked).
    In short, if I had nothing to contribute to China, other than teaching English full time with, again, ALL the documents in order, I was still deported with only a few days notice.
    Whilst I am on rant when I returned to England last year, I had to send my passport away to be verified, to prove I am English.
    I'm not bitter just confused !
    Whatever happened to the concept of "Global Citizenship" map?

I'll get a moderator to look at this sinkov, we simply cannot condone perceived personal attacks on here.
    Please don't bother Alto with it BT, I thrive on abuse, what's the point of posting on a msgboard if you can't annoy people enough for them to have a pop at you every now and then.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)