+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Milkshake Lightweight?

Milkshake Lightweight?

Given that the Farage phenomena took a milkshake to the suit today I was wondering where we all stood (not next to Nigel hopefully) on this Brexit popularism thang! Me I'm with the 'Bollox to Brexit' crew (Liberal Democrats), but I thought I'd rattle a few Zimmer-frames with the following observations:

(1). Farage is a complete fraud. He has keyed into popular discontent, but his party doesn't even have a manifesto. It is "agree with me". "Trust me". "97% say Ja". But . . . well basically the guy isn't a professional politician and I mean that in a negative sense. Oh, he's different, but he also has some pretty disturbing tendencies. As a remainer, I know that anything that doesn't please the Nigel is my fault, but really how long are people going to be taken in by his at best nostalgic drivel about a Britain that never existed.

(2). Even if his party tops the polls on Friday morning, so what? He won't have a single MP. A whinger's charter is all he has to offer. Brexit will (failing a General Election -- in which his party will not gain many if any seats) still be decided -- thankfully by professional politicians and the media, which I wish would just ignore the Nigel. It will be a soft Brexit, and those who think otherwise are free to spend their free-time protesting in the streets!

(3) The original problem here was all David Cameron. Why oh why promise a referendum on EU membership? That's right, as a political stunt to quieten his Euroskeptics, but need the whole country pay in economic terms for the Tories failure to manage their own internal dissensions? Everyone expected the referendum result to be 'Yes'. It wasn't. Hence the problem. Not sure another referendum will solve anything, as we are a parliamentary democracy and parliament is sovereign -- weren't Brexiteers of that opinion while they thought parliament agreed with them? A confirmatory vote on what parliament decides would be a better idea.

(4) Yes, I am a claret and we did better in Europe than this present lot, but really do we want to make things worse by allowing Nigel to lead us further down the garden path? All responses, respectful and otherwise, welcome.

Savannahclaret.

Nigel gets milk-shaked, that's what passes for an intelligent contribution to the debate from an avid Remainer. Not the sharpest knives in the box are they ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Nigel gets milk-shaked, that's what passes for an intelligent contribution to the debate from an avid Remainer. Not the sharpest knives in the box are they ?
    Nope, don't claim it is intelligent -- intelligible was all I was aiming for. Where's the 350 million for the NHS? Did you park the bus after the election? And just who is funding 'The Nigel', our self-proclaimed savior? Can you claim Nigel Farage -- with his queues of non-immigrants threatening our septered isle and his concerns about Turks inundating our communities ever offered intelligent arguments or was/is he just a panderer? I guess we differ on all of that! Yours intelligibly. I do prefer him to BoJo the clown, though. 'The Nigel' never lacks for self-belief. It is the belief of the great British public in him that makes me queasy. BoJo is well named, because his self-doubts appears to verge on self-loathing. Perhaps he would make a good leader for the Tories -- from their opponents' point of view. Have a good night, morning Sinkov.

And $15 million for Nick Pope, even to Bournmouth is a ridiculously low figure. We need more money to buy other players. Didn't Michael Keane go for $30 million?

Not all remainers are like me. Just as I'm not all remainers. Don't lump us all together. To paraphrase an insightful earlier comment: 'no one can presume what 16 million plus people think!'. In the original, I think it was that number was 17.4 million.

Quote Originally Posted by savannahclaret View Post
    Not all remainers are like me. Just as I'm not all remainers. Don't lump us all together. To paraphrase an insightful earlier comment: 'no one can presume what 16 million plus people think!'. In the original, I think it was that number was 17.4 million.
    Quite sinkov! I want to leave and it has nothing to do whatsoever with the newsreels of "caravans" of hopeless, wretched migrants threatening our very existence, whipped out whenever it's convenient for Farage to ramp up a bit of xenophobic NIMBYISM.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 21-05-2019 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Answered the wrong post!

Quote Originally Posted by savannahclaret View Post
    Nope, don't claim it is intelligent -- intelligible was all I was aiming for. Where's the 350 million for the NHS? Did you park the bus after the election? And just who is funding 'The Nigel', our self-proclaimed savior? Can you claim Nigel Farage -- with his queues of non-immigrants threatening our septered isle and his concerns about Turks inundating our communities ever offered intelligent arguments or was/is he just a panderer? I guess we differ on all of that! Yours intelligibly. I do prefer him to BoJo the clown, though. 'The Nigel' never lacks for self-belief. It is the belief of the great British public in him that makes me queasy. BoJo is well named, because his self-doubts appears to verge on self-loathing. Perhaps he would make a good leader for the Tories -- from their opponents' point of view. Have a good night, morning Sinkov.

And $15 million for Nick Pope, even to Bournmouth is a ridiculously low figure. We need more money to buy other players. Didn't Michael Keane go for $30 million?
    Trump and Farage have at least one thing in common; the newsreels of "caravans" of hopeless, wretched migrants threatening our very existence get brought out whenever it's convenient to ramp up a bit of xenophobic NIMBYISM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Trump and Farage have at least one thing in common; the newsreels of "caravans" of hopeless, wretched migrants threatening our very existence get brought out whenever it's convenient to ramp up a bit of xenophobic NIMBYISM.
    It’s funny I think that when the argument is raised that suddenly Trump and Farage and countless others are racist bigots , but actually if you talk to the people who voted and WON might I add , immigration was a problem for them , ( not in the fact they didn’t want any - that would be ridiculous as we couldn’t survive and progress without it ) .
    But purely in the fact they wanted control of it.

I’ve posted this previously and I still stick by it , my grand parents and great grandparents fought for us to be free and independent, and a massive chunk of the population thinks it’s ok to just give it away to some helmet in Brussels who can decide if rapist , terrorist and worse reside in our country, and then open the gates and let equally as bad walk into our country to reside.

Get a grip gents, immigration without control is a massive problem, you only have to look at the countries it’s happened to ( Germany is an example - rape- stabbings problem after problem it goes on and on.

Before you point the finger and say I’m racist I couldn’t be further away from that I can assure you.

What I can - could see was the benefit of us governing ourselves and not giving everything away to the rest of Europe to keep Brussels happy, as it goes though it turns out most of our parliament is corrupt and doesn’t put the people first ( as they are paid to do ).

Let’s get out and get back to being great,let them look at us and think now that’s a country to visit - live I’d like to contribute and be a part of that instead of how it is at the moment.

I’m still interested to know the real benefits of remaining ( without a personal ulterior motive ) ,
    I accept the business side of things where we are threatened with levy’s and taxes to scare our companies and traders but after that it’s laws that don’t work for us and rules and regulations we don’t want.
    I’m a bit of a stick in the mud, we managed for years to trade,travel and live under our own rule quite happily , Why can’t we just do that now ?

Sorry Savannah you seem to have assumed the above remark was aimed at you, it wasn't, it was aimed at Remainers who seem to think the answer to 17.4 million people who voted to leave the EU is to throw drinks over Nigel Farage. I don't think it's really the answer, do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Quite sinkov! I want to leave and it has nothing to do whatsoever with the newsreels of "caravans" of hopeless, wretched migrants threatening our very existence, whipped out whenever it's convenient for Farage to ramp up a bit of xenophobic NIMBYISM.
    Why are you addressing this to me BT. I've already said I have no idea why any of the 17.4 million voted to leave except for myself of course. Why you, or anyone else, voted to leave I neither know nor care to be honest.

Why are you addressing this to me BT. I've already said I have no idea why any of the 17.4 million voted to leave except for myself of course. Why you, or anyone else, voted to leave I neither know nor care to be honest.
    It was early sinkov, I replied on the wrong post and have already said so. Still as pedantic as ever I see? Surely you know by now I'm just plain bonkers, for which I blame on the lack of a grammar school education.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)