+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ot RIP Niki Lauda

RIP

From being read the last rites to racing again in 40 days after that horrific crash in 1976 took either guts or insanity! I suppose he's certainly one person who could appreciate living the last 43 years on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The truth should be told, much as some may dislike it.
    I suppose you mean the naked truth?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    RIP

From being read the last rites to racing again in 40 days after that horrific crash in 1976 took either guts or insanity! I suppose he's certainly one person who could appreciate living the last 43 years on borrowed time.
    CAM, Not only that, on his first race back he took his helmet off to discover his face mask/guard was covered in blood from his facial sounds.

Lost that season by one point to James Hunt but miraculously beat him the season after to reclaim the crown. A truly great driver in his day. RIP Niki.

I think I heard his lung problems dated back to inhaling fumes in that crash. Reminds me of an obit on a guy who died from the effects of bullet wounds he'd got sixty years before in WW2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12