+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German club finances

German club finances

Borussia Mönchengladbach have just published their accounts for 2018 at the AGM Name:  0001.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  105.1 KB as they are required to do. It all seems a world away from the chaos in English football when you realise that wages (not just players) accounts for less than 50% of income.

When was the last time Notts spent less than 50% of income on players wages, let alone total wages?

1861?

2.4 million loss!! - They will go bust if they carry on at that rate

Interesting figures. Their Matchday Income is down over 32% and their Sponsorship Income is down over 18.5%.

They seem to rely on Transfer Income and of course TV Income but at the end of the day they are at least balancing the books. (Over the 2 seasons).

No mention of transfer fees or agents fees paid for 2 years? That can't be right.

Whilst German football finances are far better than those in England, just remember they are a top tier League club and also Germany do not have 4 and a half leagues of professional clubs to support! That's the biggest problem in England

Here's a question for you. Which European club has the best attendance record for last season?

Dortmund ?

You must have read the same article as me, Leggsy. You know that's right.

I had a feeling it was going to be a German team and I have read a few things in the past about them having huge support.

I watch abit of German football too and the crowds are always bouncing.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Interesting figures. Their Matchday Income is down over 32% and their Sponsorship Income is down over 18.5%.

They seem to rely on Transfer Income and of course TV Income but at the end of the day they are at least balancing the books. (Over the 2 seasons).
    Match day income down due to not qualifying for Europe and only 1 home cup tie mainly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast