+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff in for vaulks

Can't fault that remark about Forde - no one is 100% are they - but credit due when a man gets stuff right. At the time though wasn't Forde lined up with Bradshaw because they had a thing going at Walsall (34 in 70). That would have made a good partnership as Forde delivered for Bradshaw there - but EVO's brother screwed it up - then disappeared? All when the boys were abroad in pre-season. But Barnsley got him - all a bit dubious at the time If memory serves.

Peeps usually say X player will be better with a run of games.
    Forde has been in n out for the past 2 seasons. Give him 6-8 week In the team and watch him cream this league.
    said it 12 month ago,. Sitting midfield would suit him.
    Poss: Rarely gives the ball away,. Picks a decent pass. Strong tackler. Tracks back well
    Neg: Not rapid enough for the wing, 50/50 with the crosses mainly because he doesn't beat his man

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Peeps usually say X player will be better with a run of games.
    Forde has been in n out for the past 2 seasons. Give him 6-8 week In the team and watch him cream this league.
    said it 12 month ago,. Sitting midfield would suit him.
    Poss: Rarely gives the ball away,. Picks a decent pass. Strong tackler. Tracks back well
    Neg: Not rapid enough for the wing, 50/50 with the crosses mainly because he doesn't beat his man

Clayton old bean, you state Forde is a strong tackler but doesn’t beat his man.....

Are you saying he’s bad at taking a man on and good at stopping a team progressing as the two sound the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Clayton old bean, you state Forde is a strong tackler but doesn’t beat his man.....

Are you saying he’s bad at taking a man on and good at stopping a team progressing as the two sound the same?
    I'm not sure brin. Am I saying that.
    I always wondered why the yanky footy players use offence/defense

Since he became Welsh around a year ago, he’s probably going to Cardiff.

Good luck to the lad.

We’ve got combination wide players but the same problems, not being fast enough nor tricky enough to get a cross in. When they do the accuracy is poor.

As for tackling back? None of them are any good at that either.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    So what you are saying - if we had spent £1 million on players in January and stayed up we would now be potentially several million pounds better off? Don't think that TS sees it like that, unfortunately
    Is that what I'm saying? Where did I state we should have spent £1m to stay up? All I'm saying is we would have been able to command higher fees for our players as a championship side. We might even have been in a position to hold on to them.
    It's a shame we were relegated, but we were, and IMO spending the £1m which you bizarrely concluded I was alluding to, wouldn't have made a lot of difference to our final league position.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Is that what I'm saying? Where did I state we should have spent £1m to stay up? All I'm saying is we would have been able to command higher fees for our players as a championship side. We might even have been in a position to hold on to them.
    It's a shame we were relegated, but we were, and IMO spending the £1m which you bizarrely concluded I was alluding to, wouldn't have made a lot of difference to our final league position.
    We didn’t just have a problem with quality we also had a problem with quantity. It was quite clear that in the last dozen games the players were knackered and we didn’t have enough players to cover.

Money spent on making the squad bigger might have saved us, so signings might not have had to be big money

Stick to the topic. What’s all the talk about wingers/wide players staying or going or how good/bad they are got to do with Vaulks going to Cardiff?

apparently derby and Norwich as well.

but can't see Norwich now I'm premiership

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast