+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nothing changes...

Nothing changes...

Just back from my hollibobs and nothing changes.

We have nicked defeat from the jaws of victory...
    Seem to have no money to buy the players needed to move us on next season
    Talk in the press of Phillips / Jansson leaving [No doubt the day before the new season kicks off]
    Trolls from the teams in the play off finals gloating all over this board - even to the point of admitting they don't care if the don't actually get promoted - they stopped us .... and that' enough!
    Various doom mongering by our own usual suspects,
    Various regulars on here flouncing off either for the summer - or forever.... but actually for a day or two..

Roll on next season and all the up's and downs that we thrive on!

and personally - I wasn't too upset after a day or two about our failure, we will likely be somewhere near the top again next season in the most competetive league and cursing the FL / FA as ever, as opposed to getting drubbed every week and ending up back here the following season.

Enjoy the summer all, and be back here in August full of hope and expectation - as opposed to stressed and desoerately just hoping to avoid a weekly drubbing followed by survival in the rich league.

Enjoy the close season and look forward to the breaking news that despite al the doom and gloom, MB has signed on for at least another season, That we have signed [On loan no doubt] a twenty + goals a season striker, that Phillips, Jansson and Roofe are staying put, That Jack Harrison is not coming back on loan - and that BAMFORD HAS BEEN SOLD TO FUND NEW SIGNINGS ....

BTW, Hope Mrs WTF is improving WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Just back from my hollibobs and nothing changes.

We have nicked defeat from the jaws of victory...
    Seem to have no money to buy the players needed to move us on next season
    Talk in the press of Phillips / Jansson leaving [No doubt the day before the new season kicks off]
    Trolls from the teams in the play off finals gloating all over this board - even to the point of admitting they don't care if the don't actually get promoted - they stopped us .... and that' enough!
    Various doom mongering by our own usual suspects,
    Various regulars on here flouncing off either for the summer - or forever.... but actually for a day or two..

Roll on next season and all the up's and downs that we thrive on!

and personally - I wasn't too upset after a day or two about our failure, we will likely be somewhere near the top again next season in the most competetive league and cursing the FL / FA as ever, as opposed to getting drubbed every week and ending up back here the following season.

Enjoy the summer all, and be back here in August full of hope and expectation - as opposed to stressed and desoerately just hoping to avoid a weekly drubbing followed by survival in the rich league.

Enjoy the close season and look forward to the breaking news that despite al the doom and gloom, MB has signed on for at least another season, That we have signed [On loan no doubt] a twenty + goals a season striker, that Phillips, Jansson and Roofe are staying put, That Jack Harrison is not coming back on loan - and that BAMFORD HAS BEEN SOLD TO FUND NEW SIGNINGS ....

BTW, Hope Mrs WTF is improving WTF?
    Morning Tich, but to see we won't agree any more next season than we did this😉

Mrs WTF isn't very well, but she's a fighter, and thanks for asking.

The crumb of comfort I am taking is that we probably only need a couple of players to get and keep us in the automatic playoff spots.

We have a heap of players coming back from loans that we can probably get a few quid for, hopefully when its all put together could make a nice some of money for the transfer kitty.

I think (apart from Roofe/Phillips/Jansen/Hernandez/Roberts) everyone else in the matchday squad can be sold and fairly easily replaced, either by transfers of academy prospects. ( I dont include the likes of Clarke/Shackleton as to be sold)

When all is done and dusted, I think we will have a better transfer kitty than what is being advertised and a better match day squad come the start of the season.

The big question and one that I have seen others on here asking, is how and where do we get the goal scorer that we have definitely needed for a couple of seasons?

I'm off on my travels tomorrow until October have a good summer everybody and stay safe ..Special thoughts for T/bird and WTF's missus.. Stay safe everyone and i will pop on from time to time .. MOT....UTC..KTF

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm off on my travels tomorrow until October have a good summer everybody and stay safe ..Special thoughts for T/bird and WTF's missus.. Stay safe everyone and i will pop on from time to time .. MOT....UTC..KTF

Is it that time again, good luck with the tarmac drives and plastic fascia and gutters, sorry to hear scrap metal prices are down. See you in October. 👍

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)