+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Boltons failure to fulfill the fixture going to go unpunished ?

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Based on the delay it's an assumption

Took them around 5 milliseconds to deduct us the 3 points following the Farad Rawson c*ck up
    The penalty for an 'insolvency event' is automatic - a 12 point deduction - and was imposed upon Bolton as soon as such an event occurred, despite all the whittling on here about how they would not be penalised. Failing to fulfil a fixture is a misconduct matter and so has to be referred to the EFL disciplinary committee who have a range of penalties open to them. The matter will be dealt with as soon as the disciplinary committee can be convened and Bolton get their case together (if they have one).

Bolton will be liable to compensate Brentford for any loss they incurred.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The penalty for an 'insolvency event' is automatic - a 12 point deduction - and was imposed upon Bolton as soon as such an event occurred, despite all the whittling on here about how they would not be penalised. Failing to fulfil a fixture is a misconduct matter and so has to be referred to the EFL disciplinary committee who have a range of penalties open to them. The matter will be dealt with as soon as the disciplinary committee can be convened and Bolton get their case together (if they have one).

Bolton will be liable to compensate Brentford for any loss they incurred.
    You can bet that if Brentford getting/not getting 3pts from the game impacted the playoff positions then the EFL finger would have been removed from the EFL ar.se much quicker

You may well be right.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Appreciate they were deducted 12 points for going into admin but it looks like EFL have bottled it, again, re the Brentford fixture
    What is it you think the EFL should do to Bolton over the unfulfilled game? I thought Brentford got the points straight away.

They were relegated and are potless. What other sanctions exist?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    What is it you think the EFL should do to Bolton over the unfulfilled game? I thought Brentford got the points straight away.

I think that a further points deduction is likely

The EFL at the time when we were deducted points seemed happy to give Luton Town a punishment that they were never going to be able to keep their status in the league, Bournemouth and us were in a better position but the contracts that were signed to give us a fighting chance were very expensive.

I want the owners of Bolton to be made an example of which unfortunately for the club. What these owners who put their clubs into such hardship isn't what we fans look for. Us fans want our teams to be successful on the pitch but without a sound footing it doesn't work. More and more clubs will have to suffer what we have, what Bournemouth, Luton and all the other clubs that go into administration for there to be a constant reminder to the fly by night owners who gamble community clubs for their own gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The EFL at the time when we were deducted points seemed happy to give Luton Town a punishment that they were never going to be able to keep their status in the league, Bournemouth and us were in a better position but the contracts that were signed to give us a fighting chance were very expensive.

I want the owners of Bolton to be made an example of which unfortunately for the club. What these owners who put their clubs into such hardship isn't what we fans look for. Us fans want our teams to be successful on the pitch but without a sound footing it doesn't work. More and more clubs will have to suffer what we have, what Bournemouth, Luton and all the other clubs that go into administration for there to be a constant reminder to the fly by night owners who gamble community clubs for their own gratification.
    Yet some on here want them punished more & more short memories.Its like been back at school,please Sir I got done for that & Billy’s just done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I think that a further points deduction is likely
    Unfulfilled fixture. The points deduction has to be in the season it occurred. They could dock them any number of points. It would make no difference.

Unfulfilled fixture. The points deduction has to be in the season it occurred. They could dock them any number of points. It would make no difference.
    Do you have any evidence of that? If so fair enough. If it's just speculation I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
    Points deduction for admin doesn't necessarily happen in the season that admin occurs. I would be very surprised if the EFL can't increase the points deduction for next season.

I should add that I know the admin and the unfulfilled fixture are not the same offence. I am just giving an example of an offence in one season giving rise to a penalty in the following season

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast