+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Boltons failure to fulfill the fixture going to go unpunished ?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Do you have any evidence of that? If so fair enough. If it's just speculation I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
    Points deduction for admin doesn't necessarily happen in the season that admin occurs. I would be very surprised if the EFL can't increase the points deduction for next season.
    They passed the date for going into admin and having points deducted for last season in March or April Wrinkly so it will certainly happen next season if they survive.

Do you have any evidence of that? If so fair enough. If it's just speculation I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
    Points deduction for admin doesn't necessarily happen in the season that admin occurs. I would be very surprised if the EFL can't increase the points deduction for next season.
    Yes. I read it on the EFL website yesterday. I noticed it when looking up the penalty for playing an unrestered players. It effects other teams in the league in the season it occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Yes. I read it on the EFL website yesterday. I noticed it when looking up the penalty for playing an unrestered players. It effects other teams in the league in the season it occurs.
    Ps. I'm referring to the points.

Actually Wrinkly I cant find it now so hope I didnt dream it.

EFL rules:

Any Club failing to fulfil its fixture obligations in respect of any match under the jurisdiction of The League on the appointed date or dates or causing The League to suspend any fixture shall be deemed guilty of misconduct, unless the circumstances giving rise to such failure are outside the control of the Club and could not have been reasonably foreseen or reasonably anticipated and remedied prior to the match. Every Club shall carry out regular and appropriate maintenance and checks to ensure that its safety certificate is not suspended or withdrawn.

The League has the power to bring disciplinary proceedings for misconduct against any Club, Official, Player and/or any other individual subject to these Regulations by:

imposing a fixed penalty in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 86;

referring the matter to a Disciplinary Commission appointed under Regulation 88; or

referring the matter to the Football Association in accordance with Regulation 87.

Decisions

The Disciplinary Commission may at any time make a decision, and may make more than one decision at different times on different aspects of the matters to be determined.

A decision may:

order a party to do or refrain from doing anything;

order a specific performance;

make a declaration on any matter to be determined;

issue a reprimand or warning as to the future conduct of a party;

order the payment of compensation to The League, any Club, any other club, Player or other person;

order a suspension of membership of The League;

order a deduction of points;

impose a financial penalty payable to The League;

recommend expulsion from membership of The League;

order a withdrawal or loss of benefit otherwise available to members of The League e.g. basic award or ladder payment;

impose an embargo on registration of Players;

order any other sanction as the Disciplinary Commission may think fit; and

order that interest be payable on any sums awarded under this Regulation for such period and at such rates as the Disciplinary Commission thinks fit.

These sanctions may be imposed immediately or may be deferred or suspended for such period and on such terms as the Disciplinary Commission shall decide.

The rules are not the easiest to follow but my interpretation is that the efl can impose whatever sanction they feel is warranted, including (but not limited to) a further points deduction and they can apply it to next season if they wish.

We will see what happens in due course.

I'm surprised that some posters think that the delay in dealing with the matter somehow shows favouritism to Bolton. I'm sure the fans would like to know their fate sooner rather than later. The administrator is trying to sell the club - surely that would be easier without the uncertainty?

This article makes the same point as me

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...eductions-efl/

I realise it's a Sun article, which hardly strengthens my case , but I think they may have got this one right.

Wrinkly. I read that. It doesnt say anything specific except to reserve the right to throw the book at clubs. My comment was that the initial points award should be done in the season that it occurs as it affects other clubs in the league.

I agree not to fulfil a fixture is the worst of all failings - particularly a pro league. You obviously want them dealt with harshly.

Wrinkly. I read that. It doesnt say anything specific except to reserve the right to throw the book at clubs. My comment was that the initial points award should be done in the season that it occurs as it affects other clubs in the league.

I agree not to fulfil a fixture is the worst of all failings - particularly a pro league. You obviously want them dealt with harshly.
    Sorry to be pedantic but you originally said that the points deduction "has" to be in the season the offence occurs. When I queried that you said you read it in the EFL rules. I looked at the rules and posted that, my interpretation (which could certainly be wrong) was that any penalty could be imposed in the season after the misconduct.

You now say that your comment was that the penalty "should" be in the season the offence occurred - which suggests an opinion rather than per the rules.

Why is it obvious that I want them dealt with harshly? My posts have merely been my attempt to get to the bottom of the rules and how that could affect Bolton. I don't think I've said what I want to happen. However my general thoughts on these matters is that the league should take strong action against clubs whose owners act in a totally irresponsible manner as regards finances, fair play rules etc.

Sorry to be pedantic but you originally said that the points deduction "has" to be in the season the offence occurs. When I queried that you said you read it in the EFL rules. I looked at the rules and posted that, my interpretation (which could certainly be wrong) was that any penalty could be imposed in the season after the misconduct.

You now say that your comment was that the penalty "should" be in the season the offence occurred - which suggests an opinion rather than per the rules.

Why is it obvious that I want them dealt with harshly? My posts have merely been my attempt to get to the bottom of the rules and how that could affect Bolton. I don't think I've said what I want to happen. However my general thoughts on these matters is that the league should take strong action against clubs whose owners act in a totally irresponsible manner as regards finances, fair play rules etc.
    My comment was the the original points award must be given in the season that offence took place as it effects other teams in the league. The Bolton Brentford cancellation cannot have nil points applied. So points must be given even though the game is cancelled. The rules say 3 points should be awarded to Brentford. Brentford cannot be given no points for the game this season and then awarded 3 points at the start of next season. Which is my comment.

Bolton have not had points deducted for the cancellation. Given they were relegated bottom a points deduction would be meaningless.

The point you are making I think is that the league should take strong action against them. I agree. But that hearing is yet to take place. So let us wait for the outcome.

My comment was the the original points award must be given in the season that offence took place as it effects other teams in the league. The Bolton Brentford cancellation cannot have nil points applied. So points must be given even though the game is cancelled. The rules say 3 points should be awarded to Brentford. Brentford cannot be given no points for the game this season and then awarded 3 points at the start of next season. Which is my comment.

Bolton have not had points deducted for the cancellation. Given they were relegated bottom a points deduction would be meaningless.

The point you are making I think is that the league should take strong action against them. I agree. But that hearing is yet to take place. So let us wait for the outcome.
    The point I am making is that I believe that Bolton could face a further points deduction next season due to misconduct this season in not fulfilling a fixture. Simple as that. I thought that I had made that clear apologies if that's not the case

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123