+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dawson to Burnley talk

Ay he gone yet? I hope this one doesn't fall through.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    another one thinks he’s better than he is..
    Did OK in Premier but for me - too many poor games this year so question whether his heart was in it. I would certainly take 10 million like a shot and would throw HRK in too for free!!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Surprised to see you on here Palmeras, you usually only come on here within 48 hours after a defeat or draw telling everyone how bad the players/manager/board are....

Supporter of the year right here..
    Everything lve said is true the sacking of Moore but should have been sooner, giving Shan the job was suicide,we were never going to beat villa over two legs with him in charge, were still in the championship which I predicted and I predict we will still be in the championship this time next year without I hope dawson and a few others

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Everything lve said is true the sacking of Moore but should have been sooner, giving Shan the job was suicide,we were never going to beat villa over two legs with him in charge, were still in the championship which I predicted and I predict we will still be in the championship this time next year without I hope dawson and a few others
    How you can say that we were never going to beat Villa is beyond me. In the game at the Hawthorns we played for three quarters of an hour with ten men and Villa never looked like scoring. Had we played the last 15 mins. plus the extra half hour with a full side I'm convinced that we would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Is your middle name Cassandra?

Quote Originally Posted by leicesterbaggie View Post
    how you can say that we were never going to beat villa is beyond me. In the game at the hawthorns we played for three quarters of an hour with ten men and villa never looked like scoring. Had we played the last 15 mins. Plus the extra half hour with a full side i'm convinced that we would have won.
    if if if all iffs buts we didnt get through villa did shan should never have been given the job , by the way brunt is an absolute disgrace

A fully focused Craig Dawson proved an effective if unspectacular heart on the sleeve defender as part of an uncompromising unit. He was part of a defensive/midfield collective under Tony Pulis in a system which covered his faults and played to his strengths. Individually he really isn't anywhere as good as he clearly thinks he is though.

Despite the occasional wonderful diagonal ball his distribution is consistently woeful. He is regularly caught flat footed and out of position too. His goal threat was also largely diminished when G.Mac' left the club. Gareth provided an excellent block and was a distraction which allowed Dawson the time and space to become effective at set plays.

Many of his performances for us over the course of this season gone were well below par, his attitude and body language spoke volumes as they absolutely stank. He was Birmingham City's most creative player by far at Saint Andrews (just one example where he played well within himself) and play offs aside he's barely seemed bothered for much of the season.

Where he'd previously have put his face into challenges he ducked out far too often. It was no coincidence this happened following his sulk at the beginning of the season. I feel sure his levels of motivation will re emerge once his pay is returned to Premier League levels. On that note as I type I'd gladly carry him to Burnley to find out. Cheers for your endeavours over the years Craig, now sod off you sulky miserable git.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    A fully focused Craig Dawson proved an effective if unspectacular heart on the sleeve defender as part of an uncompromising unit. He was part of a defensive/midfield collective under Tony Pulis in a system which covered his faults and played to his strengths. Individually he really isn't anywhere as good as he clearly thinks he is though.

Despite the occasional wonderful diagonal ball his distribution is consistently woeful. He is regularly caught flat footed and out of position too. His goal threat was also largely diminished when G.Mac' left the club. Gareth provided an excellent block and was a distraction which allowed Dawson the time and space to become effective at set plays.

Many of his performances for us over the course of this season gone were well below par, his attitude and body language spoke volumes as they absolutely stank. He was Birmingham City's most creative player by far at Saint Andrews (just one example where he played well within himself) and play offs aside he's barely seemed bothered for much of the season.

Where he'd previously have put his face into challenges he ducked out far too often. It was no coincidence this happened following his sulk at the beginning of the season. I feel sure his levels of motivation will re emerge once his pay is returned to Premier League levels. On that note as I type I'd gladly carry him to Burnley to find out. Cheers for your endeavours over the years Craig, now sod off you sulky miserable git.
    I stand to be corrected 68 but didn't the club give him a pay rise in view of the fact they wouldn't sell him at the start of the season? I remember hearing Richard Sneekes talking about the fact that Dawson can't have it all ways, take a pay rise but still retain his disinterested sulky attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I stand to be corrected 68 but didn't the club give him a pay rise in view of the fact they wouldn't sell him at the start of the season? I remember hearing Richard Sneekes talking about the fact that Dawson can't have it all ways, take a pay rise but still retain his disinterested sulky attitude.
    He initially took a pay was cut in accordance with the relegation clause he gladly signed up to when agreeing his new contract the previous season. From memory this pay cut was reduced following his sulk effectively giving him an increase, although in real terms it would still have represented a drop on previous earnings. To the best of my knowledge he was not on Prem' wages this season just gone. Whatever he was or wasn't paid, his attitude still stank and he consistently under performed.
    Last edited by Albionic68; 24-05-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    He initially took a pay was cut in accordance with the relegation clause he gladly signed up to when agreeing his new contract the previous season. From memory this pay cut was reduced following his sulk effectively giving him an increase, although in real terms it would still have represented a drop on previous earnings. To the best of my knowledge he was not on Prem' wages this season just gone. Whatever he was or wasn't paid, his attitude still stank and he consistently under performed.
    Thanks for that 68. I do know that the club definitely moved to keep him happier pay wise as Sneekes was on the radio earlier this season saying Dawson needed to grow up and drop the sulking having taken the clubs revised offer as he couldn't have it all ways. We've had the best out of him so onwards and upwards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)