Get your very own personalised Duke's Bar gifts!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: Millers sign Carlton Morris

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,721
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CarltonJM


    Delighted to get the loan move back to @OfficialRUFC done early doors, can’t wait for a good preseason followed by a successful year with a great club ⚪️���� #millers

    Those last four words sound like something PW would say

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CarltonJM


    Delighted to get the loan move back to @OfficialRUFC done early doors, can’t wait for a good preseason followed by a successful year with a great club ⚪️���� #millers

    Those last four words sound like something PW would say
    You can tell no ones told him about the hill runs lol 😂

  3. #43
    Carlton Morris 116 first team appearances scoring 20 goals so roughly a goal every 6 games
    Jerry Yates 91 first team appearances 18 goals so roughly a goal every 5 games
    Jonson Clarke-Harris 227 first team appearances 45 goals so roughly a goal every 5 games
    Michael Smith 323 first team appearances 79 goals so roughly a goal every 4 games


    So an overall improvement with the signing of Morris?

    Letís see

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Carlton Morris 116 first team appearances scoring 20 goals so roughly a goal every 6 games
    Jerry Yates 91 first team appearances 18 goals so roughly a goal every 5 games
    Jonson Clarke-Harris 227 first team appearances 45 goals so roughly a goal every 5 games
    Michael Smith 323 first team appearances 79 goals so roughly a goal every 4 games


    So an overall improvement with the signing of Morris?

    Let’s see
    He may have improved, let’s hope so, let’s hope our crosses are better this term as they were 3rd div standard in the championship as was our defending.

    I still ache for a defensive coach

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    He may have improved, letís hope so, letís hope our crosses are better this term as they were 3rd div standard in the championship as was our defending.

    I still ache for a defensive coach
    Yep the jumbos are still in the room

  6. #46
    In his brief spell here I remember him producing a few deft touches, not much else. I'm sure he will have improved in the last two seasons and I'd be surprised if we were the only L1 club interested in him. Good luck to him, obviously I want him to do well for us, but I do wish we had gone for Ivan Toney on loan. I guess he might not pass the good human being test though.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    In his brief spell here I remember him producing a few deft touches, not much else. I'm sure he will have improved in the last two seasons and I'd be surprised if we were the only L1 club interested in him. Good luck to him, obviously I want him to do well for us, but I do wish we had gone for Ivan Toney on loan. I guess he might not pass the good human being test though.

    Telling Warne that he didnít like George Michael was the deal breaker

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,847
    Am I missing something here. Norwich have just gone into the Prem. Yet they extended CM's contract despite his injuries so Norwich must rate him. They don't think he's ready for the Prem but they let us have him for L1. He is keen to come and rates Rotherham as a club and a team and thinks he can do a good job for us. Give the guy a break and a chance and trust in Warne's judgement. Imo it's more likely that Smith will now want to stay. A potentially very good signing.

  9. #49
    Probably the best signing Paul Warne has made.

    Morris did not luck much when he came to us but a year later looked a class act in the Shrewsbury team. He had bulked up, his upper body strength was superb and he looked 2 yards quicker than he did at New York.

    Well done Warnie.


    For the first time in a while I actually feel positive about next season.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,847
    IBS, we agree. Unfortunately we'll now have Mike and Roly accusing us of being the same person.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,983
    Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    IBS, we agree. Unfortunately we'll now have Mike and Roly accusing us of being the same person.
    ...Name:  tweedlebrothers2.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  17.1 KB
    Name:  wind1.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  4.2 KB
    Last edited by mikemiller; 23-05-2019 at 07:01 AM.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    ...Name:  tweedlebrothers2.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  17.1 KB
    Name:  wind1.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  4.2 KB
    Mike, that's a nice pic of you and roly. You are my favourite Madsters which is why I portray you both on my avatar.

  13. #53
    A positive post from IBS and Wendun on the same thread, must be sunstroke or summat.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    A positive post from IBS and Wendun on the same thread, must be sunstroke or summat.
    ... or they are taking the you-know-what as usual (more likely)

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    17,116
    You are awful Mr Monts but I like you as the great Dick Emery used to say.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,983
    Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    You are awful Mr Monts but I like you as the great Dick Emery used to say.
    ...and Dick Emery used to pretend to be lots of different bizarre characters, so Monty probably regards him as a role model

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    ... or they are taking the you-know-what as usual (more likely)
    You never give up, Mike.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    You are awful Mr Monts but I like you as the great Dick Emery used to say.
    Same here, roly. But I must have upset Mike in the dim and distant and doubt if I'll ever escape his list.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •