+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marc Bircham...

Is there, not a chance that he'll actually be replacing Ardley as manager?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I was coming from more of a stance that it would illustrate the new board are willing to give Neal Ardley the time and resources to turn Notts around instead of going for a new manager.

It may be an unpopular decision to stick with him, but I do feel in this instance it is the right one. There is a good manager in there somewhere and next season, especially with the lift the take over will bring, I expect a decent to strong season rebuilding and a push for a return to the football league the following year.
    There's a lengthy podcast on YouTube discussing Ardley's time at AFC Wimbledon just after he finished there. Much of it you could just replace Wimbledon with NCFC. What was clear was that NA was a beaten man, weary and ageing quickly and they were saying he was a good man and needed a break till at least Xmas, with his family and kids, and rebuild.

Instead he just continued what he was doing with a different team in a similar predicament with predictable results. I wonder if he's getting a break now because what is going on around the club cannot be doing much good for anyone who is left there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12