+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: SA consortium

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Not being funny, but how could that possibly not convince you? I would say any other explanation was a million to one.
    I'm not convinced because I suspect people like you are desperate for it to be true.

I try to keep an open mind.

Just been passed the ground - no camera crews 😟

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    And have you bothered to read my post just a little bit further up the thread? It's really not difficult. Those rules are for clubs that cease to exist. The case we'd be reprieved would be that Bury aren't allowed to take part in next season's competition. It's very different in a legal sense
    See page 4 of forum. Then page 3 of the "latest installment of Boltons...."

You will see that it states "ceases to be a member of the league" it does not say ceases to exist. Just because you want it to be true does not make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellafella63 View Post
    See page 4 of forum. Then page 3 of the "latest installment of Boltons...."

You will see that it states "ceases to be a member of the league" it does not say ceases to exist. Just because you want it to be true does not make it so.
    I'm quite happy for Bury to continue thank you very much, I'm trying to make sense of the fact a very well connected Bury fan is off the belief that Plymouth and Notts have been put on notice that they may not be relegated. Now why don't you toddle off back to stagsnet and keep your dreams of replacing Bury in league one to yourselves 😉😂

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'm quite happy for Bury to continue thank you very much, I'm trying to make sense of the fact a very well connected Bury fan is off the belief that Plymouth and Notts have been put on notice that they may not be relegated. Now why don't you toddle off back to stagsnet and keep your dreams of replacing Bury in league one to yourselves 😉😂
    Calm down dearie, just trying to be helpful. If the FL stick to their own rules then there will be no reprieve for you. But who's to say that they will? If there is ANY truth in the Plymouth/Notts rumour you'd think Sky Sports would be all over it. It's not just down to the FL, the NL would also be affected. Just saying.

Just can’t see it happening at all. Surely they are more likely to go into admin initially and get deducted points in league 1 and if there is absolutely no hope of investment then only then is liquidation a possibility. I have been pretty upbeat about the takeover but if we hear nothing tomorrow then maybe there is an issue which I imagine is either we are pestering the EFL for an answer or Hardy isn’t happy with the offer. It’s alright saying he has to do the right thing for supporters but he’s every right to try and get what he thinks it’s worth if it’s fairly sensible and none of us know if the offer is fair or not.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Just can’t see it happening at all. Surely they are more likely to go into admin initially and get deducted points in league 1 and if there is absolutely no hope of investment then only then is liquidation a possibility. I have been pretty upbeat about the takeover but if we hear nothing tomorrow then maybe there is an issue which I imagine is either we are pestering the EFL for an answer or Hardy isn’t happy with the offer. It’s alright saying he has to do the right thing for supporters but he’s every right to try and get what he thinks it’s worth if it’s fairly sensible and none of us know if the offer is fair or not.
    I'm expecting us to go into admin and if I were buying the club that's what I'd wait for especially now we are out of the FL. There's no point in doing a "knight in shining armour" rescue as the last couple of owners have done with the result that they set their expectations too high and depleted their financial reserves. I'd simply use the money saved to start a proper rebuild job on the club and the team and get some foundation even if there is a points penalty to start with. That'll be more than offset by cash available to rebuild.

AH isn't likely to pay off his debts even if has the means so apart from the stigma of it all, and things can't get much worse, if no reasonable offer is forthcoming he'll let the club go into admin.

It is hard to imagine any other viable scenario. No-one wants to pay off the debts and frankly it is just a waste of money to do so. The blame will add on to AH's CV but I doubt that it will bother him that much though there is rumoured talk on twitter that some of his friends and others to whom he owes money are turning on him.

Could be wrong but I believe it we go into administration before the season starts the Conference are very strict and boot you straight down to the Conference North/South.
    Hell of a rebuild then.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I'm expecting us to go into admin and if I were buying the club that's what I'd wait for especially now we are out of the FL. There's no point in doing a "knight in shining armour" rescue as the last couple of owners have done with the result that they set their expectations too high and depleted their financial reserves. I'd simply use the money saved to start a proper rebuild job on the club and the team and get some foundation even if there is a points penalty to start with. That'll be more than offset by cash available to rebuild.

AH isn't likely to pay off his debts even if has the means so apart from the stigma of it all, and things can't get much worse, if no reasonable offer is forthcoming he'll let the club go into admin.

It is hard to imagine any other viable scenario. No-one wants to pay off the debts and frankly it is just a waste of money to do so. The blame will add on to AH's CV but I doubt that it will bother him that much though there is rumoured talk on twitter that some of his friends and others to whom he owes money are turning on him.
    The problem is we probably wouldn't recover from a points deduction, meaning relegation to the National League North.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Could be wrong but I believe it we go into administration before the season starts the Conference are very strict and boot you straight down to the Conference North/South.
    Hell of a rebuild then.

As I understand it, the Conference will let you into the league if you ARE in admin but if you have still not exited, admin in 12 months from that point, then down to the Northo you must go, ei ay ei ay ei ay o.

Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast