+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tedious Transfer Talk...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I know someone who knows Jay, I haven't spoken to him recently but last summer I was led to believe that Jay would have been perfectly happy to sign for Burnley, if a deal could be done. I would imagine he's still happy to sign for us, but if someone offers him a better deal, well a footballer's life is short isn't it, you're a long time retired.
    I have always disagreed with the old saying that a Footballers life is short Sinkov.

For many in the lower leagues it probably is, but for PL and most of the Championship Clubs players its a gold mine, take a player on a mere £10,000 a week, that's a good £250,000 + (after tax) a year, managing your money well, getting insured and also negotiating a good pension you'd be set for life within 3/4 years.

And we are talking about JayRod who is on plenty more money than £10 thousand a week.

I remember David James the ex Liverpool goalkeeper going bankrupt a few years ago, yes a few years before the over inflated wages of today, but still, like you and myself Sinkov, we have had to cut our cloth accordingly throughout our life with much less, but we have managed it, yes we probably could do with a bit more, but we (I'm guessing on your situation) are comfortable, and folk who have had more and find themselves in debt, bankrupt or struggling I have not got a lot of sympathy for.

Yes I take your point about PL footballers Alto, perhaps I should say why would Jay sign with us for what we'll pay him, if someone else will offer him £5k a week more. Like everyone else, he's in it for the money.

Aye, but would he be living the dream in Burnley?

Wolves now showing interest in Tarks along with Leicester, neither of those would be a step up imo Leicester will probably get 60m+ for Maguire and expect to get Tarks for around 25m.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Wolves now showing interest in Tarks along with Leicester, neither of those would be a step up imo Leicester will probably get 60m+ for Maguire and expect to get Tarks for around 25m.
    I think both those teams will be a force Whitty wolves purely based on the Russian money ( and players they have now ) and Leicester because they have a very good team already - unless the big boys pick holes in it and rob the players I think they’ll be pushing on this year.

I think Tarky will go because Burnley can’t say no to the money ( not Sean ), I might be wrong but as you say if maguire goes that will be a knock on effect - I wouldn’t write Man City interest of yet - can’t see Stones doing anything there too many mistakes in him ( hence why he doesn’t play ).

Leicester look likely to lose a couple of their better players Maddison and Maguire if they do come knocking I hope our negotiating team have the balls to say give us the maguire money or its a no I think Leicester will be nothing special this year if they lose those 2. Wolves will be interesting to see how they handle Europe but I expect them to be top 10 again unless they lose their manager

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Yes I take your point about PL footballers Alto, perhaps I should say why would Jay sign with us for what we'll pay him, if someone else will offer him £5k a week more. Like everyone else, he's in it for the money.
    IMO most players are driven by the £ nowadays, Danny Rose complaining about only being on £60,000 per week while some of his teammates are on more, how much do these greedy parasites need, do they not know there are no pockets in shrouds ?

£5 thousand a week extra for someone like JayRod should be pigeon feed after all he's already been paid, I wouldn't like to class him the same as most greedy players, but if he chose one Club merely because of 5 grand extra per week I'd think less of him the same as I feel with most of the Football mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Aye, but would he be living the dream in Burnley?

I'm sure Jay would sign for us if the deal was right, but if he really, really wanted to come back and play for us, he'd be here now. But he isn't, so you can only conclude that he isn't that fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    IMO most players are driven by the £ nowadays,...how much do these greedy parasites need...£5 thousand a week extra for someone like JayRod should be pigeon feed after all he's already been paid...if he chose one Club merely because of 5 grand extra per week I'd think less of him...
    Just once during my career I chose to take a pay cut to change jobs and there were other reasons that made the drop worthwhile, I suspect that was one more time than most people do, so why should we expect pro-footballers behave any differently?

What gets me is that West Brom had serious financial woes in the season they were relegated. According to all accounts we are well in the black.
    Why can't we match Jay Rod's salary because newly promoted Norwich, Sheffield United claim they can? To quote Alto, perhaps it's time Old Tight Arse realises there are no pockets in shrouds and a return to the Championship is just one bad season away?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)