+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Tedious Transfer Talk...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Just reminded me Sub, I was talking to Clitheroe's new manager last week at the AGM and asked him about the goalkeeping situation. Last season we had a young lad on loan from Witton Albion and, despite the shocking season, he did OK, it wasn't his fault. Our new man said he'd contacted him about signing for us and the reply that came back was, "Speak to my agent". FFS, this is level 8, and this kid hasn't even broken through into Witton Albion's first team yet. WTF is going on ?
    No surprise at all sinkov. Unfortunately, it will only get worse because these agents are always on the prowl and will sign lads and lassies up by giving them the hope that they can do everything for them and get them the best deals.

What they are really doing is tying up players so that, should they turn out to be half decent, the agent can make money out of the situation.
    Wasn't is Pogba's agent who made £49 million from his transfer to Man U? Young players see this sort of thing and in this age of wannabees they think that signing for an agent is their best way forward.

Same thing in the entertainment industry with Britain's Got Talent, X Factor, the Voice etc. --it is the judges and entrepreneurs like Simon Cowell who are making the real money although, as in football, there will be the odd exception.

Watford have joined Aston Villa and Bournemouth in a race to sign Burnley and England goalkeeper Tom Heaton, 33. lets start the bidding at say 15 million and see where it goes.

Burnley have told defender Ben Gibson that he can leave the club this summer. Premier League newcomers Aston Villa and Sheffield United are among a group of clubs interested in a £15m move for the 26-year-old Englishman.

well that was a waste of a wage

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Burnley have told defender Ben Gibson that he can leave the club this summer. Premier League newcomers Aston Villa and Sheffield United are among a group of clubs interested in a £15m move for the 26-year-old Englishman.

well that was a waste of a wage
    I'm not surprised, having heard of one aspect of his behaviour recently, I thought he might not be a Burnley player much longer. I suspect this decision is not entirely due to playing ability.
    Last edited by sinkov; 24-06-2019 at 08:50 AM.

I'm not surprised, having heard of one aspect of his behaviour recently, I thought he might not be a Burnley player much longer. I suspect this decision is not entirely due to playing ability.
    Pray tell sinkov, I love a bit of good old tittle tattle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pray tell sinkov, I love a bit of good old tittle tattle.
    I wasn't there BT, but I was told by someone who was there of, how can I best put it, 'unseemly conduct not becoming of a Burnley FC employee' is perhaps the politest description, at an official club function last month. I'm sure you can fill in the gaps around that.

I wasn't there BT, but I was told by someone who was there of, how can I best put it, 'unseemly conduct not becoming of a Burnley FC employee' is perhaps the politest description, at an official club function last month. I'm sure you can fill in the gaps around that.
    Pissed up Apaches really are not SD's style. He's gone!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)