+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tedious Transfer Talk...

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post

2 more to strike off the list.
    There actually is a list then Whitty ? Things aren't as bad as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There actually is a list then Whitty ? Things aren't as bad as I thought.
    I'm currently standing outside Harrod's front window, I want to buy but I simply can't justify spending this amount of money. The wife just said, why are we wasting our time standing here, let's go round to M & S on Oxford Street instead? They might have a "Clearance Sale" on she added.

Sound familiar?

Dawson going to Watford according to Sky, the list gets shorter.

That’s alright Bt but we’ve got history with all 3 jay rod , Adams and Maupay and we’ve offered money genuinely for two of them that we know about.
    Face facts were crap at negotiating we’ve employed a man to do it ( last year he went on holiday in transfer window ).
    What does that tell us ? To be fair if every time he takes a name to the board they say no too much he’s maybe demoralised.
    The ingenious calculator system isn’t working yet anyway.
    Nixon usually not wrong by the way

Honestly army if my lot were trotting out, "it's a tough market, they are financially stronger than us, we operate in a different model to everyone else, we have plenty of time to get our business done." Blah, blah, bloody blah I would be told by the boss to sack a few to gee things up a bit! … and no excuses, just do it!

Cash in on Heaton and Tarkowski, get Tom Davies, he won't be starting XI again this season, promise him that and he would be ripe for picking. Pope is the future in goal. I reckon Long could fill Tarks' spot ok. Keen on Jay also, would be a big shopping week if we pulled all that off, and might have change left over!

You certainly have the hots for Tom Davies Oz! But what gets me if thee, me and almost everyone else on this forum can see these sort of deals why the fooook can't our recruitment geezers? Apparently Birmingham want £16 million for Evans, give 'em £12million plus Wells and just get it done!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You certainly have the hots for Tom Davies Oz! But what gets me if thee, me and almost everyone else on this forum can see these sort of deals why the fooook can't our recruitment geezers? Apparently Birmingham want £16 million for Evans, give 'em £12million plus Wells and just get it done!
    Too many people assume that players want to come to Burnley even if we paid the going price to their clubs. Perhaps they don't want to work hard for their money so choose easier options.
    There is a human element to every transfer and this makes it more difficult than lots of fans seem prepared to accept. Player not happy, agents not happy, clubs not happy all come into play.
    Fans are never happy ---that is the constant!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Too many people assume that players want to come to Burnley even if we paid the going price to their clubs. Perhaps they don't want to work hard for their money so choose easier options.
    There is a human element to every transfer and this makes it more difficult than lots of fans seem prepared to accept. Player not happy, agents not happy, clubs not happy all come into play.
    Coming to Turf Moor for a professional footballer must be the equivalent of a Catholic going to the Vatican. Behave yourself Supersub6!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The constant is Sub, that every summer most of the players we are targeting sign for someone else or like Dawson, Lansbury, Jay, Stephens etc don't move at all. If we would just be proactive for once and get the major signings done and dusted before pre-season, then I guarantee you that the fans would be happy.

I take your point that not every player will want to sign for us, but in the case of Jay I'm assured that he does. But despite the fact that he's now available at a bargain basement price, the tumbleweed continues to blow down Harry Potts Way.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)