+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tedious Transfer Talk...

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Five clubs now linked with jay rod , well done Burnley I say , let’s get a bidding war going , if we want him it should have been done,
    We are not pro active , it’s poor
    Who says that he, himself, wants to come to Burnley? It is in his and, more importantly, his agent's interest to get as manyclubs interested as possible because this is how they make their money.
    It is not a computer game, it is real life and if you have ever had any dealings with agents you will appreciate just how it all works.
    I do not know our dealings in this matter and I suspect that not many others, if any, who post on this board have any information either.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Who says that he, himself, wants to come to Burnley? It is in his and, more importantly, his agent's interest to get as manyclubs interested as possible because this is how they make their money.
    It is not a computer game, it is real life and if you have ever had any dealings with agents you will appreciate just how it all works.
    I do not know our dealings in this matter and I suspect that not many others, if any, who post on this board have any information either.
    I guess it all boils down to whether Jay Rod wants to finish his career off where it all started?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Five clubs now linked with jay rod , well done Burnley I say , let’s get a bidding war going , if we want him it should have been done,
    We are not pro active , it’s poor
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Spot On Army.

The writing has been on the wall after the last few windows, and cemented with Riggs' comments of Crouch being good business for the team in the last window, its got nothing to do with being little old Burnley, agents fee's or escalating transfer fee's, its amateurs out of their depth with painting over cracks instead of filling it in properly, its pathetic.
    Last edited by Altobelli; 11-06-2019 at 08:00 PM.

All I can say on this saga with Jay Rod is if we want him back, why are we still pissing about? £5 million plus a few add ons is chicken feed for one of our own.

Someone PLEASE tell me we are not going to piss about in the transfer market as phucking usual?

I know someone who knows Jay, I haven't spoken to him recently but last summer I was led to believe that Jay would have been perfectly happy to sign for Burnley, if a deal could be done. I would imagine he's still happy to sign for us, but if someone offers him a better deal, well a footballer's life is short isn't it, you're a long time retired.

He asked for the clause in his contract because decently he agreed to stay and try help get promotion for them last year where I believe from a baggies fan in the know he was ready to leave .
    I get his personal terms Sub awe are about as quick as our build up play at sorting stuff out if he’s a genuinely target we should have been on it and asked Are you coming for this contract , or as you say what do you want to come to Burnley.
    If we can’t do it fair dos or it’s out of his bracket of pay etc.
    But at 5 million with add ons it’s ridiculous we apparently were prepared to pay 16 million last season and didn’t get our man.
    Just asking like how much better a deal does it have to be for us - if we want him
    Now 5 other clubs are in and it will end up being 10-12 million up front - were garbage at it that’s all.
    I bet there’s no messing when Leicester come for Tarky because we’ll be falling over ourselves to get the money in the bank.

Also sub , I just look at where we are and where we’ve been last 3 windows , all the talk of buying what is proven and we know from championship etc.
    So here goes Wells not good enough to make Sean’s team
    Vydra not good enough for Sean’s team

Gibson not good enough to make Sean’s team

Hart dropped for not performing ( so they say )

All panick buys last minute dot com

So if you look at it that way is jay rod someone we know - yes
    Do we know what we’re getting - yes

Has he played - competed in premiership before - yes

Does he love our club - yes

And still we mess around - I accept if he’s not coming fine move on to the next one who will come

army --valid points perhaps, apart from Gibson who will come into his own when Tarkowski leaves. Gibson had a hernia operation not long after he came to Burnley and he had to get his fitness back before he could be considered for first team action. He was then unlucky that his comeback game coincided with the disaster on Boxing Day, although I don't think that he played badly in that match.
    It was after that game that we started to pull things round and Tarky and Mee were the established pairing, therefore, Ben could not displace them. I have seen him play lots of times at Middlesbrough and I think that he is a good player and will do well for us, given a real chance.

As far as Jay is concerned, he is the 'name' as far as his agent is concerned, therefore, his agent will not be rushing him for a decision because he will be telling him that more money could be on the table by waiting --that is the way it is in modern football.

The window does not close until 8 August, which is 57 days from today and it matters not whether our club or any other club want to do deals early because the agents will be advising their clients to hang on in order to get the best deal possible.

As sinkov says, he may well want to come to Burnley, however, there is no doubt that he will be being advised to hang out in the hope that another club will come in with a better deal. None of us know the ins and outs of what he has been offered, however, as I said before, if you have ever had any dealing with agents in either football or entertainment you will know the way their mind works and it isn't for the benefit of the client!

"if you have ever had any dealing with agents in either football or entertainment you will know the way their mind works and it isn't for the benefit of the client!"

True enough Sub, and they're even less concerned about those trying to sign their client.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "if you have ever had any dealing with agents in either football or entertainment you will know the way their mind works and it isn't for the benefit of the client!"

True enough Sub, and they're even less concerned about those trying to sign their client.
    So very true sinkov. Politicians would make great agents with their self-preservation attitude!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)