+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tedious Transfer Talk...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    According to the Telegraph, Jay agreed another year with WBA providing he had a get out clause inserted into his contract if they didn't win promotion. So he can go for £5 million this summer, Burnley, Bournemouth and Leicester all interested apparently.
    Typical Burnley , it’s less money initially than we got for vokes and we’re still messing around, get it done if he’s coming, he’s a good signing for me as above all he’ll give everything for the team and club.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Typical Burnley , it’s less money initially than we got for vokes and we’re still messing around, get it done if he’s coming, he’s a good signing for me as above all he’ll give everything for the team and club.
    It's the prevarication not hope that kills us Army. Why on earth has this deal not already been done?

For 5m its a no brainer and he should be signed up asap before others start dangling carrots of ridiculous wages in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    For 5m its a no brainer and he should be signed up asap before others start dangling carrots of ridiculous wages in front of him.
    I think it’s an initial 5m with 5 more behind at a later date Whitty , however it still looks a good option when apparently we offered 16m for him.

I am waiting for the reaction on here when he decides to sign for Brighton because they offered more money

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I am waiting for the reaction on here when he decides to sign for Brighton because they offered more money
    Reading it Sub I think he wanted to come last year but agreed to help them on the basis that they let him have the 10 million price tag if they didn’t get promoted.
    If we were willing to pay 16 million last year surely we could use some of the difference for his wages. ( there are ways and means if we have a wage cap - pay him as part of signing on a lump to even it out over a 2-3 year deal) .

I think if we don’t get this Over the line it’s poor on our part , if you pitch him against the likes of Che Adams,
    price wise he’s within our reach - I don’t think Adams is he’ll be going elsewhere for more money.

I'm going to sit on the fence with this one and give Rigg the benefit of the doubt, unless we fail to get this one over the line.

Then the proverbial will really hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm going to sit on the fence with this one and give Rigg the benefit of the doubt, unless we fail to get this one over the line.

Then the proverbial will really hit the fan.

I agree BT, it's a bit of a test case this one isn't it. We have a new man in charge of recruitment, we have money in the bank, we have a manager saying we are going to be pro-active, we have brand new state of the art training facilities. All the ducks are lined up in a row, yet some fans are uneasy, they still think it'll be same old, same old. Well let's see, if we can't get this one done then nothing will have changed, and all the doubters will have been proved right.

How long should we wait before we call the jury in for the verdict ?

I'm giving it until the end of June sinkov, but SD is already quoted as saying, "there is no rush"!

Meanwhile, the Terrier Taxi fleet sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm giving it until the end of June sinkov, but SD is already quoted as saying, "there is no rush"!

Meanwhile, the Terrier Taxi fleet sleeps.
    BT --you could use your taxi to take him to Brighton -I'm sure that he would like to use a local firm, particularly if you give him a Bong!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)