+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just hope

I just hope

the players realise how much effort the fans put in trying to obtain tickets for ST Mirren away on Sunday,i feel terribly sorry for supporters who queued up all night only to be told our end was sold out before they even got in the shop entrance.
    I was up early that morning and the rain was torrential,i salute my fellow Arabs for their effort's and if the team can match them on the field of play there is every chance we will be back where we belong,WASC with a FACT thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    the players realise how much effort the fans put in trying to obtain tickets for ST Mirren away on Sunday,i feel terribly sorry for supporters who queued up all night only to be told our end was sold out before they even got in the shop entrance.
    I was up early that morning and the rain was torrential,i salute my fellow Arabs for their effort's and if the team can match them on the field of play there is every chance we will be back where we belong,WASC with a FACT thrown in.
    100% this.

It just shows how strong the appetite is for a successful United. These fans deserve to see us back.

Only my opinion but let down badly by the team,they were there for the taking but the current United side found a new way to let down its support.Forget the penalty shoot out which was a disgrace,actually a humiliation,the lack of composure on the ball against such a poor side was very disappointing.
    For our manager being shown celebrating getting to penalties was a bridge too far for me,they had taken off their best player,had a man sent off and yet we still seemed happy to go for the lottery.

Only my opinion but let down badly by the team,they were there for the taking but the current United side found a new way to let down its support.Forget the penalty shoot out which was a disgrace,actually a humiliation,the lack of composure on the ball against such a poor side was very disappointing.
    For our manager being shown celebrating getting to penalties was a bridge too far for me,they had taken off their best player,had a man sent off and yet we still seemed happy to go for the lottery.
    Bang on GB. No composure, no link up play, no creativity, not able to keep possession and stretch opponents. The players may be average but plenty managers have got average players playing as a TEAM.

The decision to take off Robson and replace him with abject failure was a massive surprise to me,he looked the most likeliest to open up their defence(which was poor),as soon as he departed well we still had the big guns but they ran out of ammunition.

Well done to all the fans who managed to get tickets. Could totally hear you on the telly and you did yourselves proud. Bring on the derbies with arbroath and the fun next season

Just looking at the pictures of a European Semi Final on another thread its disappointing we will be playing against Arbroath next season,par for the course though the Funsters are in the mix.It was always a matter of when rather than if they would be joining the perty,FACT.

��
    Just looking at the pictures of a European Semi Final on another thread its disappointing we will be playing against Arbroath next season,par for the course though the Funsters are in the mix.It was always a matter of when rather than if they would be joining the perty,FACT.
    ��������������������������

the funsters are back home for sure!

No serious sportsman or woman does anything for anyone other than themselves.

If you're not motivated enough by your own ambition, the sacrifices of others will have no influence on what you do.

A lot of the things you have said about our team's performance today were spot on, but thinking that players are motivated by the feelings or actions of fans is deluded.

We have too many players who don't have enough self motivation and are just not good enough. That goes for the manager too, who still thought Sow was worth a shirt after the dire displays we've seen for him in his time at United. He'll not be playing professional football this time next year.

I'm not the diehard United fan I used to be and I pick and choose my games these days, so if Neilson, his negativity, his poor recruitment (with a decent budget) and lack of game plan are still here next season, you'll not see me at tannadice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)