+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The EU strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    BT - how can you possibly agree with both Sinkov and WBA?

The Government could act and bale out Graybull. They could also act and save Jamie Oliver. Or Bolton Wanderers.

Like I say, they baled our RBS etc.

WBA, unless we lose Tarkowski or Mee then centre half is not a priority for us. We have Gibson and Long as back up.

It sounds like the Baggies are in a financial mess and need to reduce the wage bill considerably.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Dawson or J Rod if I were Sean Dyche.

But I'm not.
    I do love Dawson, he puts his head in where it hurts and he's a goal threat on corners. He's had a poor season by his standards this year though. Would be a good asset to you I would imagine.

JRod runs around a lot and scores a lot of tap ins and penalties. I would be less bothered if we lost him.

Not sure we're in a financial mess, we don't necessarily need to sell but if we sold them for good money we could hopefully reduce the age of our squad down and have another crack at promotion if we used it wisely.

One thing you will get with both players is a great work ethic and attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    The weak pound absolutely is a factor in why they went bust. In fact, British Steel themselves cited Brexit as a contributory factor as to why they went under.

Another interesting fact is that the EU wanted to put tariffs on cheap Chinese imports, as they wanted to protect the EU members steel industry - the UK vetoed it.

We all have and are entitled to our own opinions. Mine is that I can't see one single benefit of Brexit - apart from to the rich, who will get even richer. Ironically that is people like Farage and Rees-Mogg.

Whereas the ordinary working man on the street, such as those in S****horpe will bear the brunt.
    Well said WBA!

You can be my mate.

The weak pound absolutely is a factor in why they went bust. In fact, British Steel themselves cited Brexit as a contributory factor as to why they went under.

Another interesting fact is that the EU wanted to put tariffs on cheap Chinese imports, as they wanted to protect the EU members steel industry - the UK vetoed it.

We all have and are entitled to our own opinions. Mine is that I can't see one single benefit of Brexit - apart from to the rich, who will get even richer. Ironically that is people like Farage and Rees-Mogg.

Whereas the ordinary working man on the street, such as those in S****horpe will bear the brunt.
    This is a company that was on the market for a quid three years ago, it was a basket case long before Brexit was ever dreamed of, crippled by the eco-loons energy policy. If ten of us had chipped in 10p each we could have had the Clarets Mad Steel Corporation, and you really think Brexit is to blame, even our combined genius couldn't have saved a steel company worth a quid in a market where the price has risen 20% in three years. Brexit my arse.

And of course you're entitled to your opinion, but like 59, you're a bit late with it, your views on the EU, and mine as well for that matter, are now irrelevant. We had a referendum three years ago, and voted to Leave. The decision has been made, we're just waiting for the government and our politicians to carry out their promise. But unfortunately, our politicians, especially the LibDems, and the EU, don't care much for democracy and our democratic decision, and are doing everything in their power to thwart it. They will pay a price.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This is a company that was on the market for a quid three years ago, it was a basket case long before Brexit was ever dreamed of, crippled by the eco-loons energy policy. If ten of us had chipped in 10p each we could have had the Clarets Mad Steel Corporation, and you really think Brexit is to blame, even our combined genius couldn't have saved a steel company worth a quid in a market where the price has risen 20% in three years. Brexit my arse.

And of course you're entitled to your opinion, but like 59, you're a bit late with them, your views on the EU, and mine as well for that matter, are now irrelevant. We had a referendum three years ago, and voted to Leave. The decision has been made, we're just waiting for the government and our politicians to carry out their promise. But unfortunately, our politicians, especially the LibDems, and the EU, don't care much for democracy and our democratic decision, and are doing everything in their power to thwart it. They will pay a price.
    This is a company that employs directly and indirectly 25000 people. Every effort should have been made to keep it afloat. They needed protection from Chinese imports, which the UK didn't provide. They needed a bailout of £30m, the government couldn't find it. The same government who have spent £4bn on No Deal Brexit planning and bunged the DUP £1bn.

We are giving this Govt even more power by leaving the EU.

Our views on the EU are absolutely not irrelevant. Look at the demographics of the vote, we will be back in the EU at some point in the future, but probably on worse terms. Democracy is a process, do you think Farage would have accepted the vote had it been 52-48 the other way? Democracies can change their mind, that is the point of a democracy, without that it is a dictatorship.

The Lib Dems appeal for votes as a pro-remain party, that engages rather than thwarts democracy. I have no clue how anyone can come to your conclusion.

In any case, the democratic decision was to leave the EU, with a deal. That was what was promised to us before and in the aftermath of the referendum. 'No Deal' was the Leave campaign shifting the goalposts after the referendum. Remainers always knew that leaving the EU with a deal would make us no better off and that's been proven. A No Deal Brexit was voted for by no-one.

If you are going to start articulating your political arguments on here Baggy, you will soon find yourself bundled into the back of one of our Terrier Taxis, be dropped off at the Hawthorns and we will bring Dawson back for free.

In case you have not seen one before, this is what we use for ferrying our new arrivals with. You can probably smell the mothballs from Smethwick!

Attachment 12757

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If you are going to start articulating your political arguments on here Baggy, you will soon find yourself bundled into the back of one of our Terrier Taxis, be dropped off at the Hawthorns and we will bring Dawson back for free.

In case you have not seen one before, this is what we use for ferrying our new arrivals with. You can probably smell the mothballs from Smethwick!

Attachment 12757
    Fair enough!

Good luck for next season, always had a soft spot for you lot.

I'll like you even more if you take Jrod and Dawson off us for £15m a piece!

Fair enough!

Good luck for next season, always had a soft spot for you lot.

I'll like you even more if you take Jrod and Dawson off us for £15m a piece!
    I'll bet you would!

Don't go WBA!

This board needs more people like you and me to try to teach the others the errors of their ways.

This is a company that employs directly and indirectly 25000 people. Every effort should have been made to keep it afloat. They needed protection from Chinese imports, which the UK didn't provide. They needed a bailout of £30m, the government couldn't find it. The same government who have spent £4bn on No Deal Brexit planning and bunged the DUP £1bn.

We are giving this Govt even more power by leaving the EU.

Our views on the EU are absolutely not irrelevant. Look at the demographics of the vote, we will be back in the EU at some point in the future, but probably on worse terms. Democracy is a process, do you think Farage would have accepted the vote had it been 52-48 the other way? Democracies can change their mind, that is the point of a democracy, without that it is a dictatorship.

The Lib Dems appeal for votes as a pro-remain party, that engages rather than thwarts democracy. I have no clue how anyone can come to your conclusion.

In any case, the democratic decision was to leave the EU, with a deal. That was what was promised to us before and in the aftermath of the referendum. 'No Deal' was the Leave campaign shifting the goalposts after the referendum. Remainers always knew that leaving the EU with a deal would make us no better off and that's been proven. A No Deal Brexit was voted for by no-one.
    Hey up 59, I can't be bothered to go there, another one inflicted with BDS, just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    I suggest that although I agree th "E<U<) is a sham, a complete mockery of diplomacy....have a look at what the "Royal Family" cost is to the British tax payer.
    Then look at what they bring into the country via tourism etc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)