+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Wembley - Water

Advice on Wembley - Water

I’ve looked through what info I can find on whether you can take water bottles into Wembley.
    All I can see is that sports top bottles aren’t allowed.
    Also they “advise” not to take food or drink as it will be readily available in the stadium.

A couple of friends were at Wembley for playoffs last year (League 1) and said there wasn’t enough water available for sale and queues for drinking fountains were ages! They were East side and in the sun all afternoon.

So in short, although advised not to take water bottles, will they let you in with them if you take one / some??

.... bars will be open and beer's 99% water........

Drinks and food are readily available if you have sold one of your kidneys beforehand to fund it.
    I’ve heard they take the tops off water bottles, so I’d suggest taking some spares in ya pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Ram View Post
    I’ve looked through what info I can find on whether you can take water bottles into Wembley.
    Also they “advise” not to take food or drink as it will be readily available in the stadium.

A couple of friends were at Wembley for playoffs last year (League 1) and said there wasn’t enough water available for sale and queues for drinking fountains were ages! They were East side and in the sun all afternoon.

So in short, although advised not to take water bottles, will they let you in with them if you take one / some??
    I don't think it is worth taking the risk with taking water in. It will be confiscated. You wont be able to access it at fountains and almost certainly the vendors will run out very quickly if its slightly warm. Which leaves you a 25 minute queue to spend £ 10 on luke warm lager. Its simply not worth it, in fact if you are a "thirsty" type of person I would not go to the game as you could die. As a Samaritan, I am happy to pay you face value for your ticket, so that this does not cause you personal financial loss.

Rob definitely no water or food I went recently to see ELO they really search you They took a can of coke of my niece but poured it in a paper cup so she could take it in There are places with free water in paper cups Just try not to buy anything total rip off Hot dog £9-50

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I don't think it is worth taking the risk with taking water in. It will be confiscated. You wont be able to access it at fountains and almost certainly the vendors will run out very quickly if its slightly warm. Which leaves you a 25 minute queue to spend £ 10 on luke warm lager. Its simply not worth it, in fact if you are a "thirsty" type of person I would not go to the game as you could die. As a Samaritan, I am happy to pay you face value for your ticket, so that this does not cause you personal financial loss.

Nice try Geoff!
    I’m going with my 14 y o daughter who gets migraines if she gets dehydrated!
    Just trying to be a responsible father while I still can before the day.
    8 pints of Stella lessens my ability to do the right thing!
    I’ll be the one being looked after!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Rob definitely no water or food I went recently to see ELO they really search you They took a can of coke of my niece but poured it in a paper cup so she could take it in There are places with free water in paper cups Just try not to buy anything total rip off Hot dog £9-50

I can think of places where getting your hands on a Hot Dog would be a steal at £9.50 ��

Don’t think Monday’s forecast suggests ‘in the sun all afternoon’, Rob. Sounds like five years ago...17 degrees and heavy showers.

Don’t even remember being searched at all at last year’s RL Challenge Cup Final.

Folk that watch roogby leeg don't drink sissy stuff like watter, so wouldn't be a search

I can think of places where getting your hands on a Hot Dog would be a steal at £9.50 ��
    Rob you must visit places I don't go to For £9-50 I would want chips and a pizza with my hotdog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)