+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Vote wisely

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    You mean Farage , the man of the Paypal?
    Change UK has spent more than twice as much on Facebook ads in the last week as other parties standing in this week's European elections.

The newly-formed party spent £62,650 in the period from 13 to 19 May. The Brexit Party spent £27,359, Labour £19,513, the Lib Dems £20,681 and the Conservatives £8,470.(BBC)

Looks like Paypal might have multiple income streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Don't see the point in voting anymore to be honest. We used to be a democratic country but now there's just a load of snowflakes who can't accept majority (of voters) views.

Anarchy will eventually win out.
    I've felt this way for a long time now, it really doesn't make any difference who wins, ultimately power and politics in this country is corrupt to the core, a small group of pretty much the same people have to control a much much larger number of people and the way they have learned to do this best is to divide them and make them squabble amongst themselves while they really just go on doing what serves themselves best

Its been going on so long now that many people are indoctrinated to support only their own team whether it be red/blue/purple/yellow or green an they will defend their team to the death and run down the other parties with the zeal of a religious nut...or a football supporter

the only way to defeat the system is to get together and down tools and vote 'none of the above' until the entire system changes

it wont happen though.... so we'll continue to bicker amongst ourselves while the rich get richer and the poor stay poor and the next generation of politicians will be working their way through the elite schools and plotting domination and control of the masses and how to stay at the top of the pile for yet another generation

the UK has produced some of the best and brightest minds in history and still does, i wonder why these people don't become politicians perhaps the system doesn't let them or maybe they think its a lost cause, we'll never know and we'll still be having the same arguments 5-10-50 years from now which is exactly how they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Don't pass on your vote today. Nothing now matters more than saving the planet. Stick your X next to the green candidates. Of course, they won't win but if the numbers voting green reach epic proportions, the rest will have to start taking notice of what really matters.
    If I vote green and they don't win, can I vote again and again until they do?

EU citizens not being allowed to vote could be the big story out of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I heard they hadn't made any plans Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    why?
    Because Nigel is hoping the referendum result will be declared null and void and we will all live happily ever after as Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I heard they hadn't made any plans Nigel.
    Or XTC could be involved.

Not now British Steel are being liquidated

Because Nigel is hoping the referendum result will be declared null and void and we will all live happily ever after as Europeans.
    this is what i was saying in my rant, the story of this election should have been using proportional representation to show the true feelings of the voters as opposed to first past the post which always turns out one of two ways because it is rigged to favour red or blue

using the media to distract us by making a huge story/outrage over a small but divisive matter which in the end was just an administrative error affecting a small number of people

reading the 'quotes' from people affected by the error in the guardian article is hilarious where do they find so many EU nationals with such a grasp of the english language, my mate pavel can just about say 'not now' and 'why me' when i ask him to do anything useful never mind articulate his distress at being unable to register his vote .....and Kinga Burger come on they're just laughing at us now they made that name up ....seriously

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast