+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Vote wisely

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    This was a survey not an opinion poll. Of course there is a margin of error but the overall conclusions have been replicated in many surveys since.
    Leading remainers
    Michael Heseltine - 86
    Vince Cable - 76
    Tony Blair - 66
    Peter Mandelson - 65
    Ken Clark - 78
    Mathew Parris - 69
    Oliver Letwin - 63
    Philip Hammond - 63
    Alistair Campbell - 62

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Leading remainers
    Michael Heseltine - 86
    Vince Cable - 76
    Tony Blair - 66
    Peter Mandelson - 65
    Ken Clark - 78
    Mathew Parris - 69
    Oliver Letwin - 63
    Philip Hammond - 63
    Alistair Campbell - 62
    The data suggests that 60% of over 65s voted to leave.

What do you hope to prove by posting a list of some old men who voted remain, bearing in mind that 40% of over 65s must have voted remain?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

What do you hope to prove by posting a list of some old men who voted remain, bearing in mind that 40% of over 65s must have voted remain?
    I don’t hope to prove anything driller. I am just pointing out that a lot of the leading remainers are not young.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I don’t hope to prove anything driller. I am just pointing out that a lot of the leading remainers are not young.
    Why would they be?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

Can I be on the list please - I'm 60?

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    most are sick of it dragging on and on. The BREXIT party will storm this vote.
    Just saying.

Told ya.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Just saying.

Told ya.
    How did you do that? Do you know magic? Can you see the future?

If only the failing fake opinion pollsters hadn't concentrated on interviewing remoaners in Cambridge they'd have predicted that too. A victory for the common man I say.

Only a fool thinks that this result takes the UK closer to Brexit. All it means is that the leavers are now herded into one 'cosy' group led by a racist demagogue who can't be trusted further than his man of the people image.
    Add together all the remain factions - Green, Lib Dem. Labour, etc - and you will find that the Euro elections result in the UK reflects a neatly divided country - something we all recognised.
    Only a significant result in a General Erection will give the Brexit 'party' a proper stiffy.
    As far as Europe goes, the rise of far right nationalism is a reason to be fearful and puts a united effort at climate control way out of reach. Why on earth does Hungary want to remain a member of the EU? Is that the kind of country we want here?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Happy to show you the stats. This is the age breakdown on the YouGov site:

18-24 - 29% leave, 71% remain
    25-49 - 46% leave, 54% remain
    50-64 - 60% leave, 40% remain
    65 + - 64% leave, 36% remain

Have a look for yourself: https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...-britain-voted

If you prefer to keep your head buried in the sand that's your choice, but that's the way it happened.
    I've always believed that you're not mentally mature enough to vote until after the age of 25.

I also believe that most under-25s were Remainers. However if asked them why, I bet most would say they said being 'in' Europe meant they didn't have to wait as long at Passport Control when holidaying in EU countries.

That reason and those who wanted to stay in the EU because of the Gravy Train probably accounted for the majority of Remainers.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 27-05-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Adam Boulton on Sky has just said the EU election was a 52 - 48 win for remain as people who voted Labour were remain voters.

Well done remain a great win.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast