+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: was in a stadium yesterday older than ours

was in a stadium yesterday older than ours

in an area very roughly similar to dens,every room full with people doing exams etc,i mean not a space in the main car park at 2pm

wether or not we move from dens or not,we should be attempting to get the stadium used to capacity now,i know some companies were using rooms etc a year or 2 ago.

absolute no brainer and if we were to move then most clients would follow.

stadium was easter rd

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    in an area very roughly similar to dens,every room full with people doing exams etc,i mean not a space in the main car park at 2pm

wether or not we move from dens or not,we should be attempting to get the stadium used to capacity now,i know some companies were using rooms etc a year or 2 ago.

absolute no brainer and if we were to move then most clients would follow.

stadium was easter rd
    I've been inside Easter Road and Dens. The two just don't compare for office space; Inside of Easter Road is a very modern office area whilst inside Dens is like what it is - a relic of a bygone age.

Yes a very good visit G. So impressed with the amount of memorabilia on show throughout the main stand

point i was making deeranged is that both grounds up until relatively recent times were similar,hibs brought their stadium upto date and we showed absolutely zero pride in our stadium,even as dens is at the moment ,main stand wise ,could be adapted in many ways ie extending out into the enclosure to create more rooms for company use and hospo use,at a fraction of the cost of a new build souless stadium,imo of course
    Last edited by shaded; 23-05-2019 at 03:31 PM.

point i was making deeranged is that both grounds up until relatively recent times were similar,hibs brought their stadium upto date and we showed absolutely zero pride in our stadium,even as dens is at the moment ,main stand wise ,could be adapted in many ways ie extending out into the enclosure to create more rooms for company use and hospo use,at a fraction of the cost of a new build souless stadium,imo of course
    I find the state of our ground on a par with the admins in terms of heartbreak.

Last year I attended two Seniors Group meetings in the Billy Steel Lounge and each time the Penman Lounge was being rented out to British Gas.

Of course you're right. We were left miles behind as other clubs developed their ancestral piles and kept their identities intact. Now we're left with a hose strewn dump and the prospect, whether it ever happens is another matter of course, of moving to the soulless stadium of which you talk.

Sad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Of course you're right. We were left miles behind as other clubs developed their ancestral piles and kept their identities intact. Now we're left with a hose strewn dump and the prospect, whether it ever happens is another matter of course, of moving to the soulless stadium of which you talk.

Sad stuff.
    A new stadium dosent have to be soulless but there's a good chance it may happen if it's ever built which I doubt.

No sure whose made the biggest success of moving to a new stadium....in Scotland probably st m which I thought had a cracking atmosphere.

In England, man city possibly though it can be a quiet ground.

On the continent possibly juve or athletico.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)