+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Jukes

Paul Jukes

It’s with great sadness that my friend Paul Jukes passed away on the 10th of May after a short illness. Paul had been a Notts supporter for around 65 years and has sat in the Kop in recent years. He always used to stand, and then sit, in the Jimmy Sirrell stand before moving to the Kop. If you don’t actually know Paul, I’m sure many of you would recognise him from matchdays.

Paul was a bit of a football purist and was always attracted to flair players. I think he would count Don Masson and Mark Draper as his favourite ever players. He could never understand why some players wanted to boot the ball up in the air with no apparent thought. I know – he was supporting the wrong club!

After going to home and away games together for close to 30 years, we have clocked up thousands of miles on motorways together. To pass the time, he would recount stories of old players, weird games and great goals from years gone by as if they were yesterday. He always mentioned a winger -from the 70’s I think - who would put his head down and run the ball straight out of play every time!
    It won’t be the same going to matches without Paul but I know he’ll be watching from afar, willing us to get back into the league.

Paul’s family have asked me to let fellow supporters know that his funeral will be at Bramcote crematorium on Wednesday the 29th of May at 9.30 and the wake will be at the Red Lion in Bagthorpe Village. Any fellow supporters who knew Paul are invited to attend.

Leon Barber

Sad to hear that Hucknall.

Wasn't Peter Bircumshaw was it?

Quote Originally Posted by HUCKNALLPIE View Post
    It’s with great sadness that my friend Paul Jukes passed away on the 10th of May after a short illness. Paul had been a Notts supporter for around 65 years and has sat in the Kop in recent years. He always used to stand, and then sit, in the Jimmy Sirrell stand before moving to the Kop. If you don’t actually know Paul, I’m sure many of you would recognise him from matchdays.

Paul was a bit of a football purist and was always attracted to flair players. I think he would count Don Masson and Mark Draper as his favourite ever players. He could never understand why some players wanted to boot the ball up in the air with no apparent thought. I know – he was supporting the wrong club!

After going to home and away games together for close to 30 years, we have clocked up thousands of miles on motorways together. To pass the time, he would recount stories of old players, weird games and great goals from years gone by as if they were yesterday. He always mentioned a winger -from the 70’s I think - who would put his head down and run the ball straight out of play every time!
    It won’t be the same going to matches without Paul but I know he’ll be watching from afar, willing us to get back into the league.

Paul’s family have asked me to let fellow supporters know that his funeral will be at Bramcote crematorium on Wednesday the 29th of May at 9.30 and the wake will be at the Red Lion in Bagthorpe Village. Any fellow supporters who knew Paul are invited to attend.

Leon Barber
    Such a real shame , his daughter married a very dear friend of mine .rip Paul

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Thoughts with you and those who knew him.

Rest in Peace fellow magpie

God bless

Paul will keep the Magpie flying high.......

A dignified and interesting post and signed in your real name. Super, Leon.

I think I might have sat behind this chap for a fair few seasons.

RIP.