+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sow slow

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Some may not agree, but the game turned once Sow went off for exactly these reasons. Sow WILL start on Sunday.
    The game turned long before that imo. St. Mirren took a foothold on the 35mins mark and we never really recovered.

Had no problem with a stubby being made, but it should have been Clark off before Sow. Sow/Safranko would have been a better pairing I feel at the time.

I like Sow. hes awkward and he is a handful to play against. yeah it wasnt sticking as much as it did v ICT but it was taking 2 or 3 of their players to stop him.

Sow technically miles ahead of safranco in ability but safranco can run which everyone loves. safranco came on and done nothing really and missed a bit chance at the end. (for the record i do like safranco aswell) but just dont think people should lay off Sow. there were others who had poorer games last night than him

Pawlett has been non existent (2 good games in 5months?) and dont nothing last night. Clark was pretty poor but the subby to take him off was a poor one i thought should have brought on C.Smith rather than Stanton.

would like to see Sow and safranco up top. as Safranco would make up for the lack of running Sow would do

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Safranko over Sow, end of.
    Craigon and Sutton saying the same thing, watching the post-match discussion on BTSport there...

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    We had Craig Curran at the start of the season.......Craig Feckincurran! Sow is awkward, doesn't seem to have the heart but teams have to double up on him due to the fact that he is occassionaly capable of a bit of brilliance. He is a good option to have, Pav currently is better than him but that was a physical match which suited Sow better.
    Overall, I am proud that the players were putting their bodies on the line and throwing themselves into challenges. The fight was there but we just needed a bit of magic to get the goal. From what I have seen, we have nothing to fear and are more than capable of getting a result in paisley. We have the fight and the desire which is something that has been missing lately. I am feeling much more positive about getting up than I was a couple of months ago, that's for sure!
    Do you think Sow is more suited to a physical match than Pav? I think any central defender would come off the park sorer playing against Pav, both bodily and energy wise rather than Sow.

I thought we might have been better pressing their back line in to early balls (Pav) instead of Sow walking back after the attack was over and allowing them to (slowly) build up play, in effect, wasting a wee bit time.

I like Sow , and think there is a place for him in the team, defo. But not at the expense of our top scorer and the hardest worker in our team next to the wee man.

Just an opinion , not an argument

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)