+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘No I’m not staying’’

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Personally I disagree, I wouldn't have named any millers player who gave me what I would call some inside information. I would definitely post it on here, but just like Brin I wouldn't have named the person, although I do understand people's frustration
    It's pretty easy to work out who it is, there can't be many players holidaying in Cleethorpes this week

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    we all know that the wages rotherham pay in the championship are much lower than 99 per cent of the other teams.

if we had paid proper championship wages we would of stayed up.

You mean like Ipswich Town did.?...

Shouldn't be too harsh on the player whoever it is. He is only telling us what we already know. Fact is if you sign for the millers you aint gonna get good pay compared to any clubs players in the championship and quite a few out of it. If money is the sole motivation for a footballer RUFC aint gonna be your club and this is why we find it so difficult signing players and why we are at best a yo yo champ 1st Div club. At best we can only sign up and coming players from the lower leagues who can use us as a stepping stone for better things or young lads from the higher leagues like Ajayi who are desperate to play. Occasionally you may get someone like Jones who is willing to take a big pay cut because their love of being a footballer is more important than cash. Unfortunately Jones is a rare bread but you have to give him great credit for joining us.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 24-05-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Shouldn't be too harsh on the player whoever it is. He is only telling us what we already know. Fact is if you sign for the millers you aint gonna get good pay compared to any clubs players in the championship and quite a few out of it. If money is the sole motivation for a footballer RUFC aint gonna be your club and this is why we find it so difficult signing players and why we are at best a yo yo champ 1st Div club. At best we can only sign up and coming players from the lower leagues who can use us as a stepping stone for better things. Occasionally you may get someone like Jones who is willing to take a big pay cut because their love of being a footballer is more important than cash. Unfortunately Jones is a rare bread but you have to give him great credit for joining us.
    Most people know and accept the club isn’t in a position to pay higher Championship wages. I doubt they will ever get to a position of doing so, not anytime soon.
    Why spend money that you haven’t got.
    Ambition comes at a huge cost in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    we all know that the wages rotherham pay in the championship are much lower than 99 per cent of the other teams.

if we had paid proper championship wages we would of stayed up.

footballers talk and gossip just like everyone else at work
    100% OF OTHER TEAMS 5.5 MILL Player budget last year. next lowest was Bolton at 14m

If they want to leave then so be it. None of the wingers shone last season so I suspect they would be on reduced terms due to our relegation and the fact they didn't set the division alight.

So it's quite possible they have had better offers because we aren't offering top dollar. I'm happy with that because none of them were that good

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    100% OF OTHER TEAMS 5.5 MILL Player budget last year. next lowest was Bolton at 14m
    But Bolton hit on a cunning plan of reducing wage costs by deducting income tax from the players wages (those that they paid at least) and hanging on to it instead of passing it on to HMRC. Perhaps we should try that?

It was alledged that that one of our previous managers did! NOT whilst managing us, I hasten to add.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 24-05-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    It was alledged that that one of our previous managers did! NOT whilst managing us, I hasten to add.
    No "alleged" about it if you are talking about Steve Evans. He pleaded guilty to conspiracy to avoid tax whilst managing Boston. £1000 fine and one year suspended sentence.

Call me an old cynic but it's interesting to note that this "player's" summary of what he feels about the club are almost the same as some of Brin's own opinions posted on this forum........😉

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast