+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘No I’m not staying’’

‘No I’m not staying’’

A quote directly from someone who played for us last season.

I won’t mention his name as I find that unprofessional but, when asked today whilst on holiday with his family, the player said no he’s leaving.

He thought Rotherham was a great club but that the Chairman lacked ambition. He went on to say all the talk from upstairs was just plain waffle. The team were told new players were coming in January, which even he thought was great as the team were clearly struggling in certain areas.

When nothing materialised, it didn’t carry well with the team. He went on to say the pay is poor for what was Championship football and with having a family, mortgage etc he simply has to get the best deal he can and Rotherham are not offering it.

Last statement was don’t believe the rumours you here about who the big earners are at Rotherham, there aren’t any. The pay compared to other clubs in our league was poor and a lot less than what’s on offer to him, which he’s turned down.

So there you have it. Even the players were miffed at no one signing on last January.

I thought we’d make every effort to keep this lad.

bloody geordies

Some of the players are a bit deluded about their value though, the team was relegated, for some of them this is the second time in three seasons they've been relegated.

I’m assuming this is a player that’s been finding it hard to break into Warne’s mates team, been pissed off once to often and is now burning his bridges.

Pay is poor eh? I wouldn't mind trying to live on a few grand a week. I certainly wouldn't complain about it. Whoever it is is not the first player to say the club has no plan.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Some of the players are a bit deluded about their value though, the team was relegated, for some of them this is the second time in three seasons they've been relegated.
    That's true. They can't complain that they are not getting championship wages when the team have just shown that they are not championship standard.

If TS would have said Ok guys you can have Championship wages he would now be paying them in league one. We wouldn't be talking about what budget we have for this season.

Some interesting stuff there, Brin.

Nothing new really

We know some want to leave and are probably going to get better deals elsewhere
    We know rufc's wages aren't comparable to other cship clubs
    Everyone was disappointed we didn't sign anyone.
    I'd amazed if any players are on anywhere near £7k a week average that was quoted a while ago on here
    We know TS is unlikely to splash the cash at cship level

The player has just confirmed what we already knew
    Last edited by flourbasher; 24-05-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Shock horror an unknown player is unhappy and wants to leave.
    Well I never.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Shock horror an unknown player is unhappy and wants to leave.
    Well I never.
    BOTN, the points I found interesting (if true of course) were those concerning the January window and the team's view of it.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast