+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘No I’m not staying’’

Two things from that, firstly this puts a lie to the 'good human being' thing. A disgruntled player is a disgruntled player whether they are good human beings or not and money beats loyalty every time.
    Secondly, I have it on impeccable authority that 325k a year was top whack last season and that a number of the first team were on that. Although that is not massive money by championship standards, consider this, each of those players received the equivalent of approximately 1500 season tickets sales.

Was the £325k what the likes of Rodak, Manning and Towell earnt which isn't necessarily what we paid them
    That's more realistic

Struggling to think which of our contracted players would be offered that.
    Smith came from Bury reserves
    Ajayi was given a career lifeline by RUFC
    Jones could be as he came a high wage at Sunderland
    Robertson from Bpool but competition from others for his signature so possibly.....but over £6k as week ?!
    Vaulks could have got some pay rises to stop him handing in a transfer request

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes I get it that Brin but the player openly criticised the chairman who agreed for the player to come here, player is now in shop window which we can’t argue he wants better (who wouldn’t) but does he deserves his name to be hidden is a what I’m saying.

Anyhow why would they be miffed that we didn’t do well in transfer? Wouldn’t their job maybe then be on line?
    MT, nice 🎣 but I won’t even say what position they played. What I will say is any player/position is always under threat when transfers are mentioned and all players should be ready for that happening to them.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    bloody geordies
    Or Australian...😝

Good luck to him ( whoever he is ) if he can get back to the Championship or get a much better salary than what we pay.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Was the £325k what the likes of Rodak, Manning and Towell earnt which isn't necessarily what we paid them
    That's more realistic

Struggling to think which of our contracted players would be offered that.
    Smith came from Bury reserves
    Ajayi was given a career lifeline by RUFC
    Jones could be as he came a high wage at Sunderland
    Robertson from Bpool but competition from others for his signature so possibly.....but over £6k as week ?!
    Vaulks could have got some pay rises to stop him handing in a transfer request
    Smith signed an improved deal after we were promoted, Jones almost certainly, a striker who went out on loan 100%, our record signing also 100%, Ajayi/Vaulks and Mattock all were on contract 'options', sometimes these have clauses to match the highest earner or big increases so that clubs only take them up if it is in their interest to do so.

If David Ball and Jon Taylor were on over £6k a week then we,ve been fleeced.
    Still hard to believe they were on half of that.

As far as wages go, I would think it's a case of we were paying every player what we could afford, which probably scuppered some deals as every club at championship level, and some lower, could afford to offer more, but that's why so many are in financial trouble and we aren't, well not as far as I'm aware.

Just been shopping and on back page of advertiser it says three wingers going if anyone gets it mind telling me what is happening

Sounds like sour grapes. If this player believes he’s worth more then why would he complain that other players were not brought in to potentially replace him in January.

Thaz gorra bite Brin.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast