+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘No I’m not staying’’

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Now that's a good question, maybe at one time I thought we might have got a million or so from Will Hoskins, but yes we have at least 2 players at moment that ,certainly In my eyes are both worth a million plus.
    Yes but come on, it's all relative. Have we had better players than Vaulks and Ajayi in the last 20 or 30 years? 100% definately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Yes but come on, it's all relative. Have we had better players than Vaulks and Ajayi in the last 20 or 30 years? 100% definately.
    Well, Warne and. Barker weren’t amongst them.

All I can say is that I hope he enjoys his holiday and then ****s off to where ever he is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Yes, of course we've had better players and seen more entertaining football.
    Some we've made profit on, some we've undervalued and let go too cheaply and some have walked away for free.
    Danny Ward, Agard, Alan Lee all a tidy profit. We've also lost money on players such as JCH and Jordan Bowery.

Ideal opportunity to sell two players at profit ( Will and Semi ), pay the overdraft off from the last accounts, invest some back in the squad and put some away for a rainy day.
    I wish we could get to a position where we could sell young players on at a profit every season, it's the only way a small club like ours can survive.

Can't make my mind up what I'm more shocked about here.

That one of Rotherham Uniteds players is moving on to a bigger club for more money.

That Rotherham don't pay as much money to players as say, Leeds, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa, West Brom blah blah blah

That a player who's played a part in the club being relegated, basically being a failure and not performing at the same level as his counterparts further up the league, wants more money to do it again.

I'm shocked a tell thi!!!!

Good on Brin for not naming the player following a conversation taking place over a pint of Fosters, that just wouldn't be cricket....

if we had paid proper championship wages we would of stayed up.
    If we had paid championship wages we would have been bankrupt.

As for the player I hope his BBQ breaks
    Last edited by gm_gm; 25-05-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    If we had paid championship wages we would have been bankrupt
    Football glory is transient, financial prudence is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Football glory is transient, financial prudence is forever.
    Surely you mean Financial prudence is transient, football glory is forever

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    If they want to leave then so be it. None of the wingers shone last season so I suspect they would be on reduced terms due to our relegation and the fact they didn't set the division alight.
    ... but Warney has said, in public, that "They all did well". Although that may have been said with the aim of keeping their confidence up, the players seem to have taken that statement quite literally and think that they should be offered better deals. If he had said that they worked hard but found it a tough division, it would have been more truthful and the players might have been more inclined to want to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Surely you mean Financial prudence is transient, football glory is forever
    An interesting idea that, Exile, but not one that fits the current Millers' zeigeist at the NYS Theatre of Financial Realities. As my latest avatar shows the masses at RUFC have bought into this big style and I anticipate unprecedented demand for season tickets.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast