+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T camping

O/T camping

Will be under canvas (well, nylon ) for the next three nights. Not everyone's cup of tea...but I love it. It's not exactly wild camping, mind...it's near Ripon but, still...

Anyone off anywhere for the bank holiday?

Rain forecast for us...

Name:  tent.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  98.4 KB

I have a feeling that the people in that photo will be sleeping in scuba gear.

It's been a few years since we went camping but I do like it and so does our lass.
    My kids are all grown up now and they do their own thing with their own kids ( our grandkids), naturally.

Mind you, in saying that, there's still scope for one more camping trip with my youngest son who turns 18 soon. (a later addition to the family all those years ago)
    I have all the camping gear but to be honest, most of it was given to me by my sister. She upgraded and passed all her older stuff to me.
    It's a decent sized tent with cooking area and stuff, plus all the cooking facilities, beds, chairs, etc.

I used to love going camping with the wife and kids. Best site I have stayed at is Derwen****er, next to the rugby club in Keswick.
    If you could get a pitch near the lake the views were jaw dropping. But we did get some soaking.
    'Character Building!' is what I would tell the kids, as we headed home two days early. 😀😀

Is Derwen****er a naughty word?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Is Derwen****er a naughty word?
    No but if you isolate the bit **** it's unfortunate. just like the steel town in Lincolnshire with the football club S****horpe United

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I used to love going camping with the wife and kids. Best site I have stayed at is Derwen****er, next to the rugby club in Keswick.
    If you could get a pitch near the lake the views were jaw dropping. But we did get some soaking.
    'Character Building!' is what I would tell the kids, as we headed home two days early. ����
    The kids used to go to Derwent hill (Derwen****er) every easter with the trampolining club. The guy who ran the club was a teacher in sunderland and he used to get use of the grounds, to camp in, in the schools adventure place that sunderland LEA own.

was always a brilliant week - only 2 of mine are on this particular photo of rabblerousers - not a particular good one ha
    Name:  derwenthill.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  75.7 KB

I went camping on the same site that a workmate had a caravan on.After a social evening in his van I retired to my dark tent.
    As I closed the tent flaps I noticed my mate was still watching television and drinking whisky,I was green with envy.

You couldn't pay me to go camping .I love walking but not camping .**** that!

Kev

I like camping and have done it a few times but it was usually in relation to a party - twice i used a crate of beer for a pillow

I tend to be more like Kev these days, love the walking but the camping. . . . give me a hotel with a bar

I never go camping. As ex forces...I just see it as work now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)