+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have to speculate.......

You have to speculate.......

..... to accumulate. This saying is so very true. I just wish that those in charge at the Albion would take this to heart. While I don't want us to go down the same route as let's say Leeds did, we need to be more proactive and expansive in our approach. We seem incapable of making a decision and dither about and end up losing out whether it is regarding a coach, player or whatever because we are not prepared to pay the going rate. Look at the Gayle situation. A player who is a proven goalscorer in the Championship and we aren't prepared to pay the asking price. This, to me, shows a lack of ambition. He'll probably end up at another Championship club and 'do the business' for them. We are at a crossroads and I am genuinely worried for our future. Do we want to go back to the dire days of the nineties? Come on Albion, shake off the shackles and let's show some ambition or we are going to sink into obscurity.

Ambition has rarely been in our owner/s’ mindset over the recent years. Sadly, it is a trait unlikely to reappear in the foreseeable future.

Our future will be to rebuild and maybe focus on developing a younger squad. There is a nucleus there, and I hope there will be a focus to achieve this.

Notwithstanding the disappointment, I am looking forward to next season and hoping there will a clear out of the deadwood. Have you / will you renew Leics buddy ?

COYB

I have renewed Prando. Listen, I've been an Albion fan since the fifties so it's a part of my DNA. I've been through the good times and the bad times so why change the habit of a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I have renewed Prando. Listen, I've been an Albion fan since the fifties so it's a part of my DNA. I've been through the good times and the bad times so why change the habit of a lifetime.
    Likewise, we, “she who must be obeyed” , have also renewed. (East Stand) As I’ve just mentioned on another thread, my 1st game was 1961/2 season vs West Ham. (We lost !)

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Ambition has rarely been in our owner/s’ mindset over the recent years. Sadly, it is a trait unlikely to reappear in the foreseeable future.

Our future will be to rebuild and maybe focus on developing a younger squad. There is a nucleus there, and I hope there will be a focus to achieve this.

Notwithstanding the disappointment, I am looking forward to next season and hoping there will a clear out of the deadwood. Have you / will you renew Leics buddy ?

COYB
    Good post Prando and yes looking forward to next season and eyeing the friendly match in New York!! That said, if Shan or Appleton are in the hot seat shopping days with my mrs might be back on the agenda!

the reality is a big Lai

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    ..... to accumulate. This saying is so very true. I just wish that those in charge at the Albion would take this to heart. While I don't want us to go down the same route as let's say Leeds did, we need to be more proactive and expansive in our approach. We seem incapable of making a decision and dither about and end up losing out whether it is regarding a coach, player or whatever because we are not prepared to pay the going rate. Look at the Gayle situation. A player who is a proven goalscorer in the Championship and we aren't prepared to pay the asking price. This, to me, shows a lack of ambition. He'll probably end up at another Championship club and 'do the business' for them. We are at a crossroads and I am genuinely worried for our future. Do we want to go back to the dire days of the nineties? Come on Albion, shake off the shackles and let's show some ambition or we are going to sink into obscurity.
    Until Lai sells and leaves we are going nowhere but downwards
    Our best chance was this season just gone but no investment in a quality manager- remember we had Smith on our radar ended up with Moore & Shan. No dynamism in midfield with young legs- the list goes on.
    But the reality is a big Lai- this summer is sell off time not rebuilding.... until Lai goes we are at best mid table championship team..........................just like JP said

COYB
    Good post Prando. I see that even SKY is stating we have interviewed Hughton and are speaking to Bruno Labbadia. This being the case, they'll only be coming with guarantees on expenditure etc, why would they not? We fall for it every time over the years but I sincerely hope this isn't all a smoke screen prior to appointing Appleton. The clubs ambition will be laid out when we appoint the new man. Personally and agreeing with your comments re: our ambition, I'm expecting Appleton. It will be a big lift if they do appoint (say) Labbadia who took a struggling Wolfsberg to 6th place in just over a season as he will be wanting to do it his way. Like many, I'm so fed up and cynical about our disinterested owner I'm expecting little ambition to be shown this coming season but one governed by Jenkins and his cutbacks. Truly hope I'm wrong but it gets you that way with history having repeated itself over the years.

We've basically been rudderless since we came down.

DM was never the answer and we needed more experience, now we have Hughton available I hope they don't screw it up.

We have no plan essentially, as shown after DM's sacking, we need a manager to come in and force the issue.

We don't want another yes man.

Likewise, we, “she who must be obeyed” , have also renewed. (East Stand) As I’ve just mentioned on another thread, my 1st game was 1961/2 season vs West Ham. (We lost !)
    My first live game was 1958-59 v. Wolves. We won 2-1 with Kevan scoring the winner about 3 mins. from time. Getting to the Hawthorns from the 'wilds' of Herefordshire wasn't easy in those days. The first team that I can remember was the Allen, Barlow, Nichols, Dudley etc. side.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    We've basically been rudderless since we came down.

DM was never the answer and we needed more experience, now we have Hughton available I hope they don't screw it up.

We have no plan essentially, as shown after DM's sacking, we need a manager to come in and force the issue.

We don't want another yes man.
    Agree Blood 100%. My days are numbered if it’s Shan or Appleton! The only truth to come out of the bald c unts mouth was we are mid table championship - he will be laughing his socks off next year in the luxury confines of his Jersey mansion when that’s the case!

Lai seriously does need to disappear - any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)