+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current loan players - 3-4 must be worth keeping

Current loan players - 3-4 must be worth keeping

With the squad in need of fresh blood & reinforcements in several areas & Rads already saying funds will be limited, surely with some support / coaching / good slice of luck etc, a handful of the loan players must be worth a " second " look, to bolster the ranks etc.
    Shaunnessy / OConnor / Pearce / Denton / Wilks / Grot, to name just a few, a good pre-season & who knows.
    Think one or two, have been cast aside a little too quickly, Pearce played well in handful of matches last year, & Grot could offer something different up front. Sure they have to be the right fit for the squad as a whole, but if things are as being reported etc, should we be making more of what we have already - we cant eat out every week.

Our owner has told the fans to expect a 'difficult summer' in the transfer market..so don't be surprised if some of the loaned out players figure next season.

I dont think any of those players add to what we need to do better than last season. At best a couple to bolster the squad ffom the bench.

Am sure they all get reviewed, just a Klich did at the start of this season, on loan for almost all of last season for TC, ever present this one for MB

Can't really see any of those adding anything different or better than we already have.

Slightly disappointing that the best and most exciting news the official website can come up with at the moment is the startling revelation that we've offered one of our under 12's/14's/16's a contract - big deal!

What if we get 12 mill for Clarke and loaned back to us for 2 years.

of the loans out Ekuban and de Bock I’d be most interested in seeing handed a chance

i personally think we will sell debock, anita, okane, bouy, saiz, cibicki, sacko, and ekuban

all 8 were loaned out coz Marcelo couldnt offer them first team football this season just gone, or they fell out of favour for differing reasons

if we get serious for a minute, if those 8 were in a marcelo starting 11, and lets fill the other positions out somehow, so maybe blackman anita debock diaz cooper bouy okane saiz sacko cibicki ekuban, could that 11 beat all other 11s from the other 23 teams in our division, I'd say no (i chose blackman as he was the 1 GK we had who came in on loan, Cooper coz jannson is better, and diaz coz halme and struijk are better)

now out of those 8 who i originally mentioned, i dont think debock is all that bad, i know ive put anita at fullback but really hes a midfielder, we never properly got to see him as a midfielder, bouy was signed by juventus as a young player and never made the grade and has just totally lost his way ultimately he will not have a high profile career imo, okane when he first joined us was a good passer and fairly reliable but then followed up with an awful season, his leg break playing for luton was horrible, wouldnt wish that on any of our players, but i feel he may well now need to join a decent lg1 team to get his fitness and confidence back, saiz was bought as the next hernandez but despite being really good on the ball, the rest of his game was poor, and this would have never worked for marcelo i dont think, plus his heart wasnt in it in the end, shame coz theres a player there, cibicki didnt look terrible as a winger in fairness, had a good cross on him, but again just seemed a bit average in the end, sacko geez if he had end product he would be very useful, but his end product just wasnt consistant enough, his pace was scary at times, fullbacks hated it, but he just never got his head up enough to pick out the cross or the right pass, or even shoot for goal, a shame coz i feel he could be trained up and end up a decent player, you can teach football, you cant teach pace, and sacko has it in bundles!, and finally ekuban, a bit like sacko, both are good lads, both strong quick energetic, but as ekubans aim is to score and assist goals, his final end product just wasnt clinical enough, he actually tended to hit the target a fair bit, but never had the intellegence to put it either side of the GK, it always seemed to be straight at them, or if it was either side, it was hit tamely, again like sacko i think ekuban could be trained into a decent player, but with all this in mind, are those 8 players going to feature for leeds again? i'd take a guess of no, but if all 8 are still on the books in preseason, i'd like to see them all get a run out together, with a GK and 2 centrebacks included of course, and see how they do against a reasonably decent team, if they put on a performance, then maybe we wont need to go into the transfer market too much, but again, i just dont think they will really have much chance now, the club needs money, those 8 can either gain the club some money by being sold, or they can stop taking money from us by being released, i have nothing against any of those 8, but based on how Marcelo works, i feel they will all be gone this summer

i hope they dont do a luke murphy and end up having about 3 seasons out on loan before they go, it just seems pointless

we have a HUGE u23 setup right now aswell, baring in mind that BPF and Phillips currently still qualify age wise for the u23s, theres those 2, plus all the young lads who went out on loan, plus all the guys who did really well for the u23s this season, it has to be thought that some of them will be sold purely as they wouldnt get gametime

this will be an interesting summer, i mean again, the best u23 11 we could put out right now is very good!, but it has 3 GKs maybe 4, 2 or 3 rbs, 4 lbs, 3 cbs, about 5 or 6 cms, 3 or 4 wingers, and 3 or 4 very good strikers with another 2 or 3 decent 1s, its a pretty big squad when only 11 start, 5 get benched, with only 3 of those coming on, iot will be a shame to see some of the younger players moved on, but theyve all given themselves a very good account of themselves imo, i wish them all the best whatever happens

but regarding the u23s, will they suppliment the rest of the first team squad? if transfers will be hard to do this season, can these young lads step up? i think BPF and Huffer are really good GK prospects, halme and struijk are giants at cb, diaz oconnor kitching and shaughnessy all possibilities too, coyle and hosannah both good rbs, davis pearce denton and odour all good lbs, phillips shackleton gotts mccalmont and bogusz all great talents in midfield, rey is also highly rated, clarke and stevens look really good on the wings, then upfront edmondson roberts wilks dalby temenuzhkov all goalscorers, sarkic machuca and balboa will all be wanting to challenge those guys upfront too, we have a scary amount of talent in our u23s, but they can't all stay can they

lets see what happens, a LOT of work needed by the folks in the Leeds board this summer!
    Last edited by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN; 25-05-2019 at 10:52 PM.

could you elaborate Clive?

Jesus, I was exhausted after reading that, let alone having to write it, very in-depth though.

We may have striking talent in the u23s but Bielsa opted to play that pansy Bamford instead. Having the talent is one thing playing them is another. He had to be out of options before he put Shacks in, which is ridiculous IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)