+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movers and shakers

Movers and shakers

That's a fascinating snapshot, Frog. Slightly arbitrary in the time period but instructive nonetheless. I can remember playing Bournemouth and them being relegated at the end of the season to Div.4! RUFC has done ok over the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    That's a fascinating snapshot, Frog. Slightly arbitrary in the time period but instructive nonetheless. I can remember playing Bournemouth and them being relegated at the end of the season to Div.4! RUFC has done ok over the decade.
    The three teams that got points deduction back then have come iup smelling of roses.

Another season that always comes to mind was a League 1 ( ie Championship) campaign where Bournemouth had Ted McDougall and they vied for promotion all season with Aston Villa, Brighton and Notts County. I think Villa and Brighton went up (?) and TM left for Man.Utd. But it was an absolutely epic struggle between the 4 teams who all had some great players.

And despite massively overpumped expectations and a sense of entitlement, Wednesday have simply spun their wheels for ten years!

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    And despite massively overpumped expectations and a sense of entitlement, Wednesday have simply spun their wheels for ten years!
    It surprised me as well. Sheff Utd just going up 1 place must feel like the biggest 1 place than any other team.

That’s not right for us though is it? We’ve not finished 48 places below 22nd in Championship - that would be 22nd in League Two..?

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    That’s not right for us though is it? We’ve not finished 48 places below 22nd in Championship - that would be 22nd in League Two..?
    Yes it’s correct because that’s the season we started on -17 points with Bournemouth and Luton on -30 so we was 2nd bottom of league. We ended up 14th with 21 wins. Playoffs had we not been docked

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    But when we had the point deduction at the start of the season we were 22nd alphabetically behind Bournemouth and 1 place above Luton.

I think "Moaners and shaggers" is more appropriate to MM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast