+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Movers and shakers

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    But when we had the point deduction at the start of the season we were 22nd alphabetically behind Bournemouth and 1 place above Luton.
    Yes, that was a memorable season because there were only 23 teams in League 2

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    That’s not right for us though is it? We’ve not finished 48 places below 22nd in Championship - that would be 22nd in League Two..?
    You have a point though because Luton are more than 1 place int league lower than us now aren't they? Are are they classed as being int same league position because they are on the same amount of points but should be above us on the alphabeticl thingmajig

You have a point though because Luton are more than 1 place int league lower than us now aren't they? Are are they classed as being int same league position because they are on the same amount of points but should be above us on the alphabeticl thingmajig
    I wouldn't think whoever did this have paid too much attention to detail as the title of the graphic even states 'from ten seasos ago'

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I wouldn't think whoever did this have paid too much attention to detail as the title of the graphic even states 'from ten seasos ago'
    "seaso" was probably Ronnie's nickname for John Seasman

A bit like that hotel I stayed in whilst visiting a copper mine in the Andes of Chile. It was called the 'John Kenny' which was a shortened version of 'John Kennedy because of the size of wood they'd used for making the sign above the door!

A bit like that hotel I stayed in whilst visiting a copper mine in the Andes of Chile. It was called the 'John Kenny' which was a shortened version of 'John Kennedy because of the size of wood they'd used for making the sign above the door!
    I have a large repertoire of apocryphal tales relating to incomplete tatoos on male members, abbreviation being necessary due to inadequate length. But I won't post them on a family forum.

So why are we all moaning at club?

When Steve Evans was in charge it would have been "Movers to Shakers"

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    So why are we all moaning at club?
    It does illustrate that over the past 10 years we are by far the most 'improved' club in SY. Even Sheff Utd are only just about to get back where they were a decade ago. It should also be a reminder of how dire things were 10 years ago and despite some justified moaning and complaining, we are, all other things considered, pretty lucky.

It does illustrate that over the past 10 years we are by far the most 'improved' club in SY. Even Sheff Utd are only just about to get back where they were a decade ago. It should also be a reminder of how dire things were 10 years ago and despite some justified moaning and complaining, we are, all other things considered, pretty lucky.
    I bet you'd look good in a cheerleader outfit, Cam!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast