+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haydn Hollis signs for Chesterfield

He'd have improved our defence this season just gone tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    He'd have improved our defence this season just gone tbh.

A good honest boot it, head it away, hard working lad but brother, he was prone to at least one blooper per match!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    A good honest boot it, head it away, hard working lad but brother, he was prone to at least one blooper per match!!!!
    At this level he wold be an asset for us ,! always gave 110% and what he lacked in quality he made up for in effort.

HH came in for a lot of unjustifed criticism I thought. With the right encouragement, and in a steady partenership with someone like Mike Edwards, he could have made progress with us. It's a pity we're so quick to condemn players. There are quite a few now playing at a higher level than us who were rubbished when they were here. People paid grudging respect to Turley for his effort, but many reckoned he wasn't good enough for us. So he goes off to help the Os get promotion back into the FL, and his reward is a one-year contract in the division above us.

I was never sure about Haydn but I would rather he had played last season than most of the jokers who did play. Good luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    HH came in for a lot of unjustifed criticism I thought. With the right encouragement, and in a steady partenership with someone like Mike Edwards, he could have made progress with us. It's a pity we're so quick to condemn players. There are quite a few now playing at a higher level than us who were rubbished when they were here. People paid grudging respect to Turley for his effort, but many reckoned he wasn't good enough for us. So he goes off to help the Os get promotion back into the FL, and his reward is a one-year contract in the division above us.
    To be fair, Turley's contract extension is on the back of having a decent part season in the National League. Let's at least wait and see if he continues that in L2 before we jump on the "let another one go" bandwagon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12