+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Away fans in POD stand

Away fans in POD stand

Not any more: https://twitter.com/TheWellSociety/s...17953698553856

I find it pretty sad in general that folk can't watch a game of football with someone supporting the opposing team but fair play to the club for acting.

I take your point although I think this will have it's benefits.

Firstly when we are playing one of the Old Firm it means that the home supporters in the Phil O'Donnell stand won't have to endure their fans being feet away with little segregation and as a result put up with their crap, not to mention having to share toilets and pie stall facilities with them. On a personal note, given that my own father who is a pensioner has his season ticket in that stand then I'm very satisfied that he won't be sharing it with Celtic or Rangers fans next season.

Secondly, when we are playing a Ross County, Livingston or other clubs with a similar size of away support it totally kills any atmosphere stone dead when their fans are moved away from the South Stand, so this is another reason why I welcome this move by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Not any more: https://twitter.com/TheWellSociety/s...17953698553856

I find it pretty sad in general that folk can't watch a game of football with someone supporting the opposing team but fair play to the club for acting.
    It is very sad. One of the most recent times I had the pleasure of sitting near Celtic fans in the Main Stand, they stood for the entire 90 minutes and completely blocked our view of a substantial area of the pitch. Viewing in that area was impossible. I complained to a steward but he was instructed by the Police to take no action. If you buy a season ticket I don't think it it unreasonable to expect to be able to see the entire pitch. That was only one of our complaints.

The club has listened to the fans on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    I take your point although I think this will have it's benefits.

Firstly when we are playing one of the Old Firm it means that the home supporters in the Phil O'Donnell stand won't have to endure their fans being feet away with little segregation and as a result put up with their crap, not to mention having to share toilets and pie stall facilities with them. On a personal note, given that my own father who is a pensioner has his season ticket in that stand then I'm very satisfied that he won't be sharing it with Celtic or Rangers fans next season.

Secondly, when we are playing a Ross County, Livingston or other clubs with a similar size of away support it totally kills any atmosphere stone dead when their fans are moved away from the South Stand, so this is another reason why I welcome this move by the club.
    My season used to be in the PO'D, but an absolutely poisonous atmosphere during the 4 - 4 draw with Celtic some years ago caused me to shift to the DC. Somehow or other some Celtic fans - the hooped green and white replica jerseys were a clue- got in among our supporters. It was not enjoyable. We asked the stewards to move them - that went down well - and they were, eventually, shifted.

PS - Hartson fouled Craigan when Beattie equalised, but I'm not bitter...…...

That's not uncommon in the POD stand for Old Firm supporters to infiltrate the home sections. This latest move does however raise the risk of them doing so more often in other parts kfnthe ground now that their allocation has been cut, but that is up to the club to be vigilant in who they allow to purchase tickets and also we as a support have a duty not to sell or pass on tickets tonfolk who we know support either of these two clubs when they are in town.

A few complimentary ticketsfor the POD Stand are usually handed to visiting teams and this could be the reason for some "infiltrations".

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)