+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 wingers prob to go according to Tiser

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Article from Paul Davis Advertiser
    23/3/19
    Contracts of all players.
    Cheers mate. There is an option then. We'll see what happens

How much more time are we giving them?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Cheers mate. There is an option then. We'll see what happens
    Contracts are in and have always been in stickies

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Contracts are in and have always been in stickies
    I know they are MT but the point in question is whether or not there is a 12 month extension option on Taylor's contract. All of your updates show that his contract ends in August. Godsend has mentioned an option and quotes the 'tiser reporting that there is one.

As any contract extension would presumably have to be at current salary levels RUFC would be very reluctant to enforce this I think.

Fron official site

Rotherham United assistant manager Richie Barker says there are no further discussions planned with duo Jon Taylor and Ryan Williams at this stage, but confirmed the door remains open, for now, on an extended stay with the Millers.

Barker also revealed discussions have continued with Joe Newell and Anthony Forde, with the staff expecting an answer shortly on terms which have been offered by the club.

Ok then just move on and go get two wingers, can’t wait about ffs
    I understand Williams but Taylor?

Some great news as Taylor is leaving but then some bad news......Newell might stay.

I'd actually like Newell to stay. I acknowledge the point some think he has too many poor matches but I think his quality for league 1 level is too much to let go. According to the Doncaster free press (link below) Donny are favourites to sign him. Surely we can't let that happen can we? Why is it they can afford to pay him more than us? Or maybe he just wants to start more matches?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.don...-1-9796352/amp

I,m sure we could offer him more but I would imagine we've offered him reduced terms to reflect he's now in div one and the fact he's had a mediocre season.

If Donk think he's worth more then that's their choice.....as the saying goes .....I'll drive him there

With Taylor leaving, does that mean the IQ of the squad has gone up?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast