+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 wingers prob to go according to Tiser

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    we will be left with the crap one.
    Yes we will

Like I said earlier all three will stay

Yes Roly I said on a thread that it sounds look me only Forde might stay which is a bit of surprise tbh .
    Taylor thinks he ain’t good enough apparently

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Newell, Williams, Taylor.
    If we can get decent cash for them let em go as long as we have a decent replacement.
    As far as I’m aware 3 of the 4 are out of contract at the end of June and will be free agents.
    We won’t get cash for them.
    Jon Taylor- record signing - the club have an option to extend for another year- they have yet to take up that option.

That's that then. Might get cash for one

£2.49, a conker, and half of a Mars bar

I doubt very much we would get back what we paid for him.

...and i doubt we would get the mars bar half grist

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    As far as I’m aware 3 of the 4 are out of contract at the end of June and will be free agents.
    We won’t get cash for them.
    Jon Taylor- record signing - the club have an option to extend for another year- they have yet to take up that option.

Interesting that we have an option on Taylor. The 'tiser doesn't mention that - just that he's out of contract.
    A few questions spring to mind.
    To take up the option do the club have to continue to pay him the same wages as he received in the Championship? I would have thought his contract could have easily included an option for a further year together with the proviso that his wages decreased in the event of relegation, but perhaps that's not possible?
    The 'tiser says the club have made him a new offer but he's not yet accepted it. Presumably then that is outside the terms of the "option"
    If he's not contracted to us for another year (either by club's option or him accepting different terms) that would mean that he would be a free agent and we would get nothing for him.
    As the club's record signing (thought to be £500k) you would expect him to have been a top earner at the club. Assuming we get nowt for him has he been a good signing (by he who shall not be named) or a bad one?

@ wrinkly,
    There’s an article from the Advertiser 29/10/18 from Paul Davis.
    I may have interpreted it wrong.

Quote from Taylor:
    “ I’m in contract till the end of the season and I’ve got an option as well “

It could be Taylor has the option rather than the club, my mistake pal.
    There’s also another article out there from Paul Davis about the contracts of every player at the club including loan players, can’t find it atm.
    Last edited by Godsend.F.C.; 24-05-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Interesting that we have an option on Taylor. The 'tiser doesn't mention that - just that he's out of contract.
    A few questions spring to mind.
    To take up the option do the club have to continue to pay him the same wages as he received in the Championship? I would have thought his contract could have easily included an option for a further year together with the proviso that his wages decreased in the event of relegation, but perhaps that's not possible?
    The 'tiser says the club have made him a new offer but he's not yet accepted it. Presumably then that is outside the terms of the "option"
    If he's not contracted to us for another year (either by club's option or him accepting different terms) that would mean that he would be a free agent and we would get nothing for him.
    As the club's record signing (thought to be £500k) you would expect him to have been a top earner at the club. Assuming we get nowt for him has he been a good signing (by he who shall not be named) or a bad one?
    Article from Paul Davis Advertiser
    23/3/19
    Contracts of all players.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast