+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many times will we fill the ground this new season.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Seeing as it was never actually full this season then, sadly, the answer is none
    Good point Bramley. Even when away end is full to capacity, we rarely sell out the home allocation.

Only Sunderland and Donny if both teams are doing well. Can't see us selling out against Donny if we not playing well and they won't fill away end unless they're doing well.

As Shankly often said, "Football is about more than filling the ground; it's about financial prudence too."

I think the highest capacity we can get due to segregation is around 11800. We didn't achieve that this season so I can't see us doing it in L1. A couple of clubs will fill the away end but we won't fill the ground.
    I'll say our highest crowd will be against Doncaster - just over the 11000 mark at a guess.

Think Portsmouth may sell there allocation depending on the day and time

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    As Shankly often said, "Football is about more than filling the ground; it's about financial prudence too."
    Shankly also said, “ At a football club there’s a holy trinity: the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.

None, we won’t fill the home end.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Shankly also said, “ At a football club there’s a holy trinity: the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
    He did indeed, Casper. I doubt though that's an accurate representation of football today, certainly of the Prem.

Didn't happen for the div one play off gAme vs scunny so very unlikely to fill it

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Didn't happen for the div one play off gAme vs scunny so very unlikely to fill it
    We did fill the 3 stands but it was piss poor effort from Scunny meaning we had to try and fill the other half of away end for them.

I thought rufc only gave them the minimum 1200 or 10% in the hope that we filled the other seats.
    Poor we didn't sell out.

There was a time when rufc used to delay giving away fans the whole end to see if rufc fans would take up other blocks. They seem to have dropped that idea now so if away team asks for the whole end then they get it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12