+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Major boost"?

"Major boost"?

Errr, THIS is a major boost?

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...-road-16328674

Two pylons that look like they're going to emerge from nowhere and point at nothing. Which club now invests in pylon-based floodlights when those that are mounted on the stadium roof are so much more effective? Oh I know, those where the club had stadium roofs that wouldn't support such lights like the Leeds stand named after a Leeds legend!😝😝😝

Yes, I'm back, at least for now, nowt better to do.

The only major boost I want to read about is that bielsa is staying, along with Pontus, roofe and Philips, that we've made 2/3 good signings (1 being a striker) and bamford has been sold......oh and Harrison isn't coming back, all of that will probably be in reverse though!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    The only major boost I want to read about is that bielsa is staying, along with Pontus, roofe and Philips, that we've made 2/3 good signings (1 being a striker) and bamford has been sold......oh and Harrison isn't coming back, all of that will probably be in reverse though!!!!
    Not bothered about pontus to be honest i think he is a show pony i would let norwich pay 10 million for him and replace him with flint at boro and have change to invest in a top striker and i would take sixpence tonight for that puff up front bamford

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Not bothered about pontus to be honest i think he is a show pony i would let norwich pay 10 million for him and replace him with flint at boro and have change to invest in a top striker and i would take sixpence tonight for that puff up front bamford
    Agree about Jansson - despite his 'cult status' in some quarters he seems a bit of a fair weather player. He is fine when it's all going well but goes missing when it matters. For a big bloke, he also spends a lot of time rolling around on the ground or sitting down feeling sorry for himself.

I think we should almost pay someone to take Bamford - he really is THAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Agree about Jansson - despite his 'cult status' in some quarters he seems a bit of a fair weather player. He is fine when it's all going well but goes missing when it matters. For a big bloke, he also spends a lot of time rolling around on the ground or sitting down feeling sorry for himself.

I think we should almost pay someone to take Bamford - he really is THAT bad.
    Bamford is a hard one. His stats are good, he can score screamers and he has been blighted by injuries but

when I have seen him live he just looks like he won’t fully put his body in places it might hurt, doesn’t seem fully suited to the Bielsa high intensity game and the faking being punched just goes against everything growing up in Leeds stands for.

Would must prefer someone like Adams or Maupey who are quick, physical and a real handful to play against.

So would i, but we can all dream.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)