+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Middlesborough to sue Derby

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    George. Just a fact or two that might help you understand. The EFL have ALREADY "looked into" the financial situation and decreed that it is all above board.

Gibson, the Boro chairman, is taking DCFC to Court as he is a mardarse who can't handle the fact that DCFC had the temerity to take "their" playoff place. The fact that the EFL already decided there was nowt wrong doesn't seem to placate him. He will leave Court looking daft.

Enjoy the summer. Play the way you did in the first 27 "spied upon" games and you will go up as of right next season. Play as you did post "Spygate" and you will end up with 63 points and outside of the playoffs.

I dunno MA, ask Frankie boy about ‘checkin’ out’ other teams or any coach for that matter. It was because it was LEEDS and it was golden boy. He would have given LUFC Schitt through his ass licking press if we and our wicked manager would have ‘celebrated” ott at ER like he did. Anyway tiz past but we got some mileage outta it eh!
    Wigan game is where the rot set in, I knew if we went into the lousy play offs we would do what LEEDS always seem to do
    Nothing will come out of your little spat with Boro.......like all these overblown gossiping, the information highway has a lot to answer for.
    Enjoy your summer also, it as always seems to be full of the last sentence above....believe when I see!

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    I dunno MA, ask Frankie boy about ‘checkin’ out’ other teams or any coach for that matter. It was because it was LEEDS and it was golden boy. He would have given LUFC Schitt through his ass licking press if we and our wicked manager would have ‘celebrated” ott at ER like he did. Anyway tiz past but we got some mileage outta it eh!
    Wigan game is where the rot set in, I knew if we went into the lousy play offs we would do what LEEDS always seem to do
    Nothing will come out of your little spat with Boro.......like all these overblown gossiping, the information highway has a lot to answer for.
    Enjoy your summer also, it as always seems to be full of the last sentence above....believe when I see!
    ... and a happy summer to you too "george".

I thought you were over it You will never have the balls to hold your hands up and say yes we cheated

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I thought you were over it You will never have the balls to hold your hands up and say yes we cheated
    Nowt to do with balls mista. Define “cheating” all walks of life. Every single person has at some level cheated, smart part is not getting caught! Our gaffer owned-up straight away and admitted he sent his staff to watch other teams.....they all do it in some capacity or other, he openly explained.
    I thought for fun i would throw “we have broken no rules” out in the op. It’s past mate, and will only come back to haunt us in the finger pointers favour. Have a groovy summer.

Nowt to do with balls mista. Define “cheating” all walks of life. Every single person has at some level cheated, smart part is not getting caught! Our gaffer owned-up straight away and admitted he sent his staff to watch other teams.....they all do it in some capacity or other, he openly explained.
    I thought for fun i would throw “we have broken no rules” out in the op. It’s past mate, and will only come back to haunt us in the finger pointers favour. Have a groovy summer.
    Same to you have a good summer

Just to summarise in a nutshell, Mel says the sale of fixed assets is allowed under the rules of the EFL, Mel said it was checked with the EFL before hand and they had no issues with it[selling the ground], so an independant valuer was bought in and valued the stadium at 80m, Mel paid the full market value, so where is the problem?

If Gibbo has a problem with it then surely it would be with the EFL and should be suing THEM for allowing it to happen not DCFC for working within the rules

So I say again what EFL rule did we break, what loss of income have we caused Middlesborough for which they are suing us for, they could for all we know be suing us for a curly wurly and a bag of bird seed?

Not cheated av ya 😳

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)