+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: we will need everyone on board this coming season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

we will need everyone on board this coming season

in this league there is no space for petty squabbles and "i dina like him" and "he doesna like me" off the park.

there are many people that i know of that have been disengaged in one way or another over the last few seasons,and the only losers are the club,yip the club!

hopefully the board and everyone with a gripe can knock heads together and wipe the collective slates clean

the olive branches need grabbed with both hands from all parties
    Last edited by shaded; 25-05-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Spot on mate,mistakes have been made and we are where we are on merit.Time to get behind the new boss and the team and hopefully if we do our stay in the pub league will be short.

All the club needs to do is address the season ticket prices, pay at the gate situation, the sterilisation of The Derry and general communication. Once they've done that I'm sure the fans will start to re-engage with them; until then all the rallying calls in the world will fall on deaf ears.

If there was a competition for doing the backflip on internet messageboards, there would only be one winner

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    All the club needs to do is address the season ticket prices, pay at the gate situation, the sterilisation of The Derry and general communication. Once they've done that I'm sure the fans will start to re-engage with them; until then all the rallying calls in the world will fall on deaf ears.
    These have been long held criticisms and from the posters on this forum and the other one it looks to me as though PATG may become more important as part of our income. Hopefully the most effective way to get ST sales and increasing attendances will be by having the team win at home and scoring loadsa goals. I see Taintedice is back teasing about the club's defensive approach to managing the SE etc. We are where we are, I think, because we had to accept the terms imposed on the club by the licensing authority. We have been over this ground many times and I hope it will be possible to ask for a review of the conditions. We can site the improvement in behaviour and perhaps take a different attitude to the pricing in the SE. Put on a PATG option for at least one turnstyle and if this requires some capital expenditure to make it happen why not see if either DFCSS or the DSA would fund it?

We need to follow Shaded's plea and get behind our club.

Eh? I was 'teasing' about a poster's constant back-flipping on here, never mentioned the poster or what the back-flipping was about. What the club needs is a decent appointment and some decent players to win the fans back, everything else is only more important to the agitators

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Eh? I was 'teasing' about a poster's constant back-flipping on here, never mentioned the poster or what the back-flipping was about. What the club needs is a decent appointment and some decent players to win the fans back, everything else is only more important to the agitators
    My apologies if I have misunderstood your comment. Completely agree with you the most important thing is to hope for a decent appointment as manager and that he brings in some decent players. I do think having at least one PATG turnstile for each stand would help.

never saw this article until 10 mins ago,over 2 posts due to size

A former Dundee chief executive has told the club’s American owners it’s good to talk – and listen.

But Harry MacLean has also warned fans whatever gripes they have, this is not the time to be turning their backs on the Dee.

MacLean was at the helm back in 2010 when the club was battling a second period in administration.

He left Dens late in 2011 and has spent time since working abroad but Dundee have always remained close to his heart.

And, like many supporters, he believes for all the good American owner Tim Keyes and his man on the ground in the city, John Nelms, have done, there has been a disconnect with the fans.
    Unless something’s done, he fears the disappointment of relegation from the Premiership this season could become a major disaster that holds the club back for years.

However, with a change of mindset on both sides, he feels Dundee could soon be back on track and heading for a top-flight return.

“Everybody knows the Championship is a hard level because of lack of crowds and lack of money. It has to be said the club hasn’t helped itself with relationships with the supporters,” he said.

“Right now it seems there’s nobody speaking directly to the club and nobody at the club speaking directly to the fans.

“For the good of Dundee that has to be put aside. The managing director (Nelms) needs to put it aside, the supporters groups need to put it aside and come together.

“For a club the size of Dundee, a provincial club, I don’t think the owners get how important it is to be part of the community and how important that is for the fans.
    Unless something’s done, he fears the disappointment of relegation from the Premiership this season could become a major disaster that holds the club back for year
    Last edited by shaded; 25-05-2019 at 01:12 PM.

However, with a change of mindset on both sides, he feels Dundee could soon be back on track and heading for a top-flight return.

“Everybody knows the Championship is a hard level because of lack of crowds and lack of money. It has to be said the club hasn’t helped itself with relationships with the supporters,” he said.

“Right now it seems there’s nobody speaking directly to the club and nobody at the club speaking directly to the fans.

“For the good of Dundee that has to be put aside. The managing director (Nelms) needs to put it aside, the supporters groups need to put it aside and come together.

“For a club the size of Dundee, a provincial club, I don’t think the owners get how important it is to be part of the community and how important that is for the fans.

“The club has to look at how it engages again with the community and the fans really need to want to get involved with the club again.

“There have been people saying ‘we’re not buying season tickets, we’re not doing this and we’re not doing that’ and that can’t happen.

“Not so long ago they were just happy to see Dundee playing at all, and that’s been forgotten.”

Despite those criticisms, MacLean stresses Keyes and Nelms have been a force for good and struggles to understand that disconnect with the support.

“I have sympathy with Tim Keyes. It’s his money and he’s put a lot into the club. He clearly plans to continue doing that but communication hasn’t been good.

“That’s strange for Americans, who you tend to think are good at that and would be able say this is what we’re doing well, this is what we’ve got to work on and this is where we need help.”

For their part, he believes the support has to show the owners there is a club worth investing in.

He believes season ticket prices are too high and not enough is being done to help those who struggle to afford to go to Dens regularly.

“The fans do have to help and show there is something to fight for. They need to buy season tickets and show the owners there is a support.

“In return they have to know they are being listened to. That doesn’t mean the owners must always do what fans want but they need to talk.

“In my time as chief executive (former owner) Peter Marr was someone I’d sit down and have a cup of tea with. That doesn’t mean we agreed, often we didn’t but it was good to be able to just speak to someone who’d been in control of a club. On the football side there are people out there who are Dundee minded, your Jocky Scotts and Jim Duffys, and have the club in their hearts. Their opinions or advice would be useful information.

“With some fans’ groups, talking would mean putting aside past differences but it would be good for the club.

“And what’s best for the club is what everyone wants.”

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    These have been long held criticisms and from the posters on this forum and the other one it looks to me as though PATG may become more important as part of our income. Hopefully the most effective way to get ST sales and increasing attendances will be by having the team win at home and scoring loadsa goals. I see Taintedice is back teasing about the club's defensive approach to managing the SE etc. We are where we are, I think, because we had to accept the terms imposed on the club by the licensing authority. We have been over this ground many times and I hope it will be possible to ask for a review of the conditions. We can site the improvement in behaviour and perhaps take a different attitude to the pricing in the SE. Put on a PATG option for at least one turnstyle and if this requires some capital expenditure to make it happen why not see if either DFCSS or the DSA would fund it?

We need to follow Shaded's plea and get behind our club.
    Accept at the time but we haven't revisited it.

Agree with Deeranged 're all the rallying calls.

Wrinklies prices, Derry, place a tip and lack of atmosphere are my issues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)